Friday, April 25, 2008

Chapter 47 - How I Spent My Summer Vacation

I knew it was only a matter of time before I found Sidney, and so as I wandered upstairs, I started getting a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. There were only so many places that he could be, and I really didn’t want to think about one of them being a bedroom.

Of course, he could always be feeling like crap, so maybe that was why he had disappeared. But I didn’t think he’d had that much to drink. In fact, since I was swigging from a bottle of vodka, I’d probably had more to drink then he had.

Then I saw him, at the end of the hall, with Caitlin pushing herself against him. I glared at her, the fucking bitch who always had to try and have every guy that I had ever had. I wasn’t sure what exactly her fucking problem was, but I was going to put an end to it and now.

Or, well, I was going to. That was until Getter put a hand on my shoulder to stop me and turned me around so that I was facing him. “Give him a chance Nickie.” He advised me. “If you guys are going to be together again next year you’re going to have to be able to trust him to fend off the advances of drunk sluts.”

I glared at him. “Don’t -.”

“Use that word. I know, I know.” Getter said, rolling his eyes. “But like you haven’t thought that Caitlin’s a slut a dozen times.”

“Thinking it and saying it are two entirely different things.” I argued, trying to justify my own hypocrisy.

Getter rolled his eyes and shook his head. “Just give him a chance Nickie, that’s all I’m asking.”

I sighed and folded my arms across my chest. “Fine. One chance.”

“Good.” Ryan said with a smile, kissing me on the forehead. “Trust me Nickie. He’ll do the right thing.”

So I stood in the shadows of the hallway and watched. Caitlin was totally throwing herself on him. Not that I objected to throwing yourself on a guy if it will help you get what you want… I just didn’t want her throwing herself on MY guy.

Her arms twined around his neck and she tried to force his lips down to hers. Sidney reached around his neck and untangled her arms. “I don’t think so.” He said, loudly enough for me to hear.

“Aw come on honey….” Caitlin said, slowly and seductively, trying to wrap her arms around his neck again. “Like that prudish little bitch is actually any fun.”

Sidney burst out laughing. “Nickie?” He said incredulous. “A prude? Yeah right.”

“Do you need a real woman to show you what its all about?” She purred seductively. “Because I know that the little virgin you’re dating won’t know half of the things I do…”

Sidney once again untangled her arms from around his neck. “Umm Nickie and I have already tackled the virginity issue thanks, and she taught me a few things, despite the fact that she was a virgin when we met.”

“Was?” Caitlin laughed drunkenly. “So you managed to get the Ice Princess to give it up? Coby Scott is going to be furious.”

Sidney shrugged. “I love Nickie and she loves me.” He said firmly. “You’re just drunk and unhappy. Apparently this means that you can’t stand to see Nickie happy… which I make her by the way.” He said pointedly. “I thought you were supposed to be her friend, and the minute her back is turned, you hit on her boyfriend. What the hell kind of friend are you?”

As I watched this, my smile grew. Sidney and I were going to be okay, as long as he and I could keep from succumbing to temptation while the other was away. Satisfied that Sid was going to tell Caitlin exactly where she could shove it, I turned and wandered away, wanting to take a moment to savour the taste of this little victory.

“See….” Ryan said, a goofy grin on his face. “I told you that he’d handle it himself.”

“Fine Getzlaf, you were right.” I said with a grin. “Since I know that’s exactly what you want to hear.”

Getter grinned. “Damn straight.”

“Well, Ry.” I said with a bit of a wicked grin. “You were right.” I paused. “So enjoy it while you can.”

“Why do I have to enjoy it while I can?” He asked, a triumphant grin on his face.

“Because it doesn’t exactly happen very often Ryan.” I pointed out with a grin. “You need to enjoy it when it does.”

Getter stuck his tongue out at me. “Bitch.” He muttered.

“Oh go get another drink and quit whining.” I told him, smacking him on the ass as I shooed him in the general direction of the alcohol. “You know that I love you.”

“That’s the only reason that I put up with you Nickie.” Ryan said with a grin as he wandered into the kitchen.

I grinned and wandered over to where Morgan was sitting VERY close to Dion. “D I see you’ve met my bff.” I said, sliding over and plopping myself down on D’s lap, purely to annoy Morgan.

Dion grinned at me. “Nickie, you’re wasted.”

I shrugged and Morgan glared. “Shouldn’t you be worrying about Caitlin?” She asked pointedly. “Last time I saw her, she was all over your new man.”

I shrugged again. “My new man was telling her where to shove it the last time I checked.” I told her with a laugh. “So I think I’m all good in the department.” I paused and grinned wickedly. “Of course, if you’re trying to get me to leave because you want to be alone with D….”

Morgan rolled her eyes at me. “Go have sex then Nickie.” She said, with a wicked grin. “Well if you’ve actually given it up yet. Or hell….” She continued. “Go give it up now if you haven’t already. If only so that the rest of us can close the deal ‘kay? You’re spoiling the party for those of us who didn’t come prepared with someone to fuck tonight.”

Dion had been silent through this whole exchange, but he looked amused. “Don’t worry Morgan.” He said with a grin. “I can promise you that Darryl took care of Nickie’s pesky little virginity problem a long time ago.”

I stuck my tongue out at him. “It wasn’t a pesky problem it was precious gift.” I said trying my best to sound all prim and proper.

Dion and Morgan both burst out laughing. “Yeah right Nickie.” Morgan said, rolling her eyes. “You just knew that Coby was no good in bed and you wanted to lose it to someone more skilled.”

I rolled my eyes. “Really?” I asked. “It’s so nice to know that you completely understand my motivation.” I added

Morgan smirked at me. “Well I would know after all. I did sleep with the guy.”

I rolled my eyes. “And half the other male students at school.” I pointed out. “So you would have enough to make a comparison.”

Morgan glared me. “Well at least I can make a comparison. All you know is Crosby. Bet he sucks.”

I rolled my eyes before I kissed Dion on the cheek. “Whether or not Sidney is any good… well that’s not something that you’re ever going to find out. However I can see where I’m not wanted.” I said with a laugh as I rose from his lap and Morgan immediately took my place.

I grinned. Neither of them would want anything more than a one night stand, so that would be perfect. Nobody was going to get hurt or upset, so I wouldn’t have to choose between my friends if things didn’t work out or something.

I wandered around, hoping to find Sidney. I hadn’t seen him since I’d watched him stone Caitlin. I was so thrilled that I just wanted to throw my arms around him and kiss him. As I wandered upstairs to look at him, I saw that someone else had the exact same idea that I’d had.

Only this time, it wasn’t Caitlin. I glared at the girl angrily. It was Petra. She was trying to cuddle into him. I sighed and shook my head. Unlike Caitlin and I, who had never really been friends… more like competitors, Petra had actually been one of my good friends since kindergarten.

Sidney saw me this time and raised his hands helplessly before mouthing “Save me” to me.
So of course I had to help me. I grinned and rolled my eyes before I wandered over. “So Petra….” I asked slowly my hands on my hips. “What exactly do you think you’re doing with my boyfriend?”

“Nickie oh hey….” Petra slurred drunkenly, slowly turning.

“Hey yourself.” I replied, rolling my eyes again. “I can see that you’re enjoying my party and all, but honey, there are tons of single guys here. So stay away from my boyfriend.”

“Who’s to say he wasn’t enjoying himself?” She demanded.

I giggled. “Petra, sweetie….” I said condescendingly. “When a boy asks his girlfriend to save him from another girl, she just knows that he’s not enjoying himself. Now why don’t you head to the kitchen, have another drink, and then fuck someone the way you always do? I promise, I’ll keep Sid warm so that you don’t have to.”

Petra starred at me, dumbfounded for several moments before stumbling away from us. I flung my arms around Sidney’s neck and kissed him firmly. “What was that for?” Sidney asked as we parted.

I shrugged and cuddled close. “Just because I love you.” I told him.

“Well I love you too Nickie….” He mumbled, leaning down to kiss me again.

I kissed him back. I’d found myself a good boy… a really good boy. My friends were never going to change… I mean, I might make new friends at some point in my life or whatever but the friends I had now weren’t going to change being who they were. And that meant that our friendships would always be part friendship, part competition.

At least I could come home next year, if that’s what my parents insisted on, knowing full well that Sidney would be faithful to me. That he would wait for me. I sighed and cuddled into his arms. “Let’s go upstairs….” I whispered.

“We are upstairs.” Sidney replied, with an adorably confused look on his face.

I took him by the hand. “To the turret silly.” I told him shaking my head. “It’s not just for decoration you know.”

Smiling, I led Sidney into my bedroom and back into an alcove before going up the turning stairs into the turret. “Wow….” Sid murmured as we headed up the stairs, light streaming in from small star shaped windows that my Dad had had installed for me when I asked. “What’s up here?” He asked.

I shrugged. “When I was little it was my playroom.” I told him. “When I got to high school, I had it completely redone.”

Sidney burst out laughing when we got upstairs. “Your closet?” He asked.

“Only partially.” I told him, motioning for him to follow me. I sat on the large bed set in the middle of the room, and reached for the remote on the bedside table. Pressing play a low, romantic song started to play. “This is the room where I wanted to lose my virginity.” I explained my voice low and husky pulling Sidney down on top of me.

“You had this whole room done up so that you could lose it here?” Sidney asked, looking surprised.

“Look up phenom.” I mumbled, my lips working on his neck.

Sidney glanced up, and saw what I had always seen when I looked up at the skylights. The beauty of the stars and moon shinning down on us… I reached over and flicked off the lights. “This is what you wanted to be looking at?” He asked.

I nodded. “I wanted to see the stars before the person I was with made me see stars.”

“I took that away from you.” Sidney said, looking as though he felt guilty.

“You took nothing from me phenom.” I said firmly, kissing him again. “You gave me everything that I could ever possibly want… and more.” I paused before continuing. “I love you Sidney. And I want you to make love to me here before we leave. Please….”

“You know that I can’t say no to you.” Sidney growled.

I grinned wickedly. “Of course I know that.” I said as his lips met mine. “Or else I wouldn’t have asked.”

No comments: