Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Girl Next Door Chapter 47

When Kate got to school the next morning, Kate’s friends asked her how her weekend was.
“How was Wilkes-Barre? I still can’t believe you didn’t have a party at your house, since your parents are gone!”
“Well, Wilkes-Barre was fun. They lost the game, but we had a great time.”
“We?” Emily asked.
“I drove up with Sidney,” Kate said.
“Ooohhh,” Emily coyly said. After a pause, she looked straight at Kate and said, “You sure you’re not going out with him?”
“Yes, I’m sure.”
Emily gave her a funny look, and then began talking to another one of their friends. Kate wasn’t sure if Emily believed her or not.
That afternoon, even though she didn’t have work, she left school early, so she could do her homework and then spend the day with Sidney. She finished up her homework, and then called Sidney, and he came over.
“Hey,” Kate said as she opened the door.
Sidney didn’t even reply. He immediately leaned in and kissed her. As they kissed, she pulled him inside, and he closed the door.
“Hey,” he smiled, after he broke apart from their kiss.
“Nice to see you too,” Kate laughed.
They held hands as they walked into the family room, as Sidney asked her about how her day was.
“My friends are pretty suspicious about us,” she told him.
“You think?”
“Yeah, especially Emily.”
“You can tell her if you want.”
“Nah, I don’t feel like it. It’ll get around school so fast, even if I tell her not to tell anyone.”
They sat down on the couch, and flipped on the TV. They sat there silently, watching, Kate’s head on Sidney’s shoulder. It didn’t hit Kate until then that Sidney really was going away tomorrow, and she wouldn’t see him for over a month. He wrapped his arm tightly around her, and they watched TV for a couple of hours, just sitting there and talking with each other.
That night, they ate dinner with the Lemieuxs, and spent the evening with them. They played with the kids, and had a lot of fun. Around ten, the kids went to bed, and Kate and Sidney said bye to the Lemieuxs. The two of them walked back to Kate’s, hand in hand, silently. Kate knew this was good-bye, even though only for a little while, but a tear fell down her cheek (Kate was never one to get emotional) and Sidney noticed.
“Hey,” he whispered, as they stopped in Kate’s driveway. “Don’t cry.”
“I’m sorry, I can’t help it,” Kate whispered back.
Sidney lifted her chin up gently with his hand, and wiped the tear away. “You know I love you, right?”
“Yes, and I love you too.”
“It’ll be fine.”
He gave her a kiss, and they walked up to Kate’s front door. At this point, Kate knew it was good-bye.
“I’m going to miss you Kate,” Sidney said to her, smiling.
“I’ll miss you too.” Another tear fell down Kate’s cheek.
He wiped it away, and gave her a kiss. Their kiss was long and passionate. After they broke apart from it, Sidney whispered that he had to go.
“I’ll call you tomorrow, okay?” he said to her, pushing a strand of hair out of her face.
“Okay,” Kate smiled and put on a brave face.
“I love you, I’ll see you soon.”
He leaned in, and gave Kate one more kiss. When they broke apart, Kate said, “I love you too. Don’t hook up with any Latvian girls, okay?”
“I promise. I’ll be too busy thinking about my girlfriend and missing her to even look at one,” he said. “I’ll see you soon, okay?”
“Okay,” Kate answered. “See you soon.”
She gave a little wave, and closed the door. After the door was closed, she walked up to her room, and changed for bed. It took her until midnight to fall asleep.

No comments: