Thursday, April 24, 2008

Chapter 38 - How I Spent My Summer Vacation

The next night I was really, really drunk. Sidney and I had had a late breakfast with his Dad (who actually made breakfast for us) before he left, and then we headed back to bed for some important alone time. Meaning, Ms. Kulak, we spent the day having sex, then sleeping, then having more sex.

Either way, Mark came over around 4 with the booze and we figured why bother waiting for everyone else to get there? We each cracked a drink and started drinking. Then we drank some more. Then I funneled (I am still NOT sure why I did that Ms. Kulak, probably because I needed to blow of some steam just as much as the guys did) and then Sidney and I started doing shots of tequila off each other, which was fun. Just not conducive to use not being completely wasted by like, 8.

Which we were when the rest of the guys started showing up around 8. Eric, Mark, Sidney, Danny, Mich, B and I were already pretty pissed. It was great. I hadn’t been this drunk since, well New Year’s. I don’t remember the order in which everything happened Ms. Kulak, but to the best of our combined recollections, this is what happened.

“Nickie you are the best.” Mark slurred drunkenly, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.


“You’re just saying that because my Dad paid for all the booze.” I told him, rolling my eyes.


“Get your hands off my girl Tobin.” Sidney said coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist as he nuzzled my neck.


“Aw come on Darryl…” Mark said with a drunken grin. “You need to learn how to share.”


“With over 80 assists this season Marky, I highly doubt that Sidney needs to learn how to share.” I said. “And even if he did, I am not one of the things he is allowed to share. Besides, you actually live with me.”


Mark laughed. “Live with you?” He asked. “I thought I lived with your clothes.”


I shrugged. “One of the many perks of living with me is living with my wardrobe. Or it would be a perk if you were a girl. Sometimes I think Mich and B are just my friends because of my clothes.” I joked.


“Only sometimes?” Michelle replied with a long swig of her drink. “Nicole except for the shoes and underwear everything I’m wearing is yours.”


I giggled. “Okay fine, you really are only my friends because of my clothes.” I said sticking my tongue out at Michelle.


“That and you draw the boys like flies to honey.” B added as Patrick pulled her down onto his lap.


I rolled my eyes and grinned at Sidney, kissing him softly as I did so. “Those two are so going to fuck tonight.”


“Just as long as they don’t do it in my bed I’m cool with that.” He said. “I have better plans for my bed then them having sex in it.”


“And what pray tell are those plans?” I asked teasingly licking at his ear, nibbling on it.
Sidney shuddered and moaned low, pulling me into a corner so that he could kiss me. He kissed me thoroughly groping my ass as he did so. “At this point brat….” He said teasingly. “We’re probably just going to use it to pass out in.”

I giggled. “That sounds about right.”

“Vous n’arretez jamais!” Marc-Antoine said. “I believe you say get a room.”

“You want to?” Sidney asked, his eyes full of lust.

“If we go to bed now phenom, we aren’t going to do anything but pass out.” I told him. “So much as Marc-Antoine does not want to watch us make out in corners, he is just going to have to suck it up. He doesn’t live here. He can leave.”

“’Suis trops ivre pour partir.” He informed me.

I laughed. By 10 everyone was “trops ivre”. The funnel had been left out and even the guys were taking advantage of it. Everyone was so drunk. It was hilarious. At least I think it was. What I remember was.

The next thing I remember, we were playing spin the bottle. Well, I shouldn’t say that. It was spin the bottle but with a twist. Basically it was a chance for all the horny guys to cop a feel on which ever girl the bottle ended up on. Sidney was all gung ho to play.

“Are you sure you want to?” I asked again. “’Cause if you get to play so do I.”

“Fuck Nickie, its just a couple of kisses.” He pointed out. “I haven’t so much as looked at another girl since we started dating.”

“That’s definitely the truth.” Cédrick said. “He is boring most of the time. All of his talk is of you.”

I kissed him. “That’s sweet phenom.” I said. “So you want to celebrate winning by kissing another girl huh?”

He shrugged with a grin. “It’s one way of celebrating.”

I gave him a look. “Really?”

“But Nickie everyone else is playing….” He whined.

I couldn’t help it. I started giggling. “And if everyone jumped off a bridge would you?”

“If I was this drunk, probably.” He replied. “Now let’s play.”

“Whatever you want phenom.” I said. “But you get the first kiss of the evening.” I kissed him firmly and passionately as everyone jeered.

“That is not how the game works.” Guillaume the goalie said with a grin.

I giggled. “I know Guillaume.” I said. “I just wanted to kiss him. It’s one of the perks of being his girlfriend.” I paused. “That and waiting for hours while he signs autographs.”

Everyone chuckled and we sat down and started to play. It wasn’t long before Sidney had kissed more then a couple of the girls there. When he kissed Mich and B, I could have cared less. They were quick kisses. He kissed a couple of the other guys girlfriends, girls who spoke only French that I didn’t know well.

In the meantime, I’d kissed Mark, Dany, Zbynek, Guillaume the goalie, and Cédrick. It was when Claire, Catrine’s friend, spun and landed on Sidney that things started to irritate me. I knew that she’d had a crush on Sid, but I tried not to worry about. Hell, Claire was the only thing that irritated me. Nothing else had the opportunity to.

See when Claire went to kiss Sidney she grabbed him and kissed him, hard. Kissed him the way I kissed him. And he kissed her back the way he usually only kissed me. When they pulled apart Claire shot me a look of such pure triumph that I was ready to get up and claw her eyes out.

I stared stonily ahead, shaking off the arm that Sidney tried to wrap around my shoulders. When it was my turn again and the bottle ended up pointing at Danny. “Come here Stewart.” I said teasingly. “You’ve wanted to do this since I got here.”

Michelle was really drunk. Apparently she still does not remember this particular incident, and for that I am actually quite grateful. She grinned at Danny. “Kiss her!” She ordered. “You wanted to kiss her long before you ever wanted to kiss me.”

I let Danny pull me into his arms and I kissed him with all of my anger and frustration into the kiss. It was quite the kiss. “Whoa.” Danny said, as we pulled apart. “Damn Darryl you’re a lucky, lucky man.”

I giggled, and glanced under my eyelashes at Sidney. He didn’t look particularly amused. He grabbed me and pulled me into his lap on one of the chairs. “We’re out guys.” He announced. “Nous avons finis.”

“Aw come on phenom.” I taunted him. “It’s all in good fun isn’t it?”

“Until one of my fucking teammates kisses you like he wants to fuck you it was.” He grumbled.

“And how the fuck do you think I felt watching Claire kiss you like that?” I replied.

Sidney sighed. “I suppose you’re right Nickie.” He said. “How about I kiss you instead?” He asked teasingly, his mouth sliding over mine.

I kissed him back. This was right. This was where I belonged. In Sidney arms, kissing him. We sat in the chair kissing for quite awhile. “I love you phenom.” I mumbled as he pulled away.

“I love you too Nickie.” He said, his hands caressing my arms softly.

“Are we ready for bed?” I asked him, my hands moving slowly over his chest.

He glanced at his watch. “Nickie, brat it’s only 12.” He said. “The guys will never forgive me if I go to bed now.”

I pouted. “Fine.” I said. “But when I just fall into bed and pass out don’t say I didn’t tell you so.”

He kissed me. “Deal.” He said with that cute little boy smile that I adored.

“I’m going to get another drink?” I asked. “You want?”

“Naw.” He said. “I’m good for now thanks brat.”

I stopped and talked to a number of people on my way to the kitchen. Despite having seen Claire kiss Sidney far, far too intimately I was actually having a good time. Once I was in the kitchen I grabbed myself a bottle of Smirnoff Ice and started making my way back to the living room.
Unfortunately for Claire, she made a very, very unwise decision. She grabbed my arm. “What do you want?” I demanded.

“I want to remind you.” She snapped.

“Remind me of what?” I asked. “That you’re a fricking whore who kisses other girl’s boyfriends like they are her own?”

She snorted. “Look who is talking poutain.” She snapped. “Look at how you kissed Danny. He is your best friend’s boyfriend. At least you are just a poutain that I do not care for or about.”

I rolled my eyes. “I’ve been here long enough to know what that word means Claire.” I snapped. “And if you’re smart, you’re going to take that back right now.”

“I take nothing back.” She said. “Besides I want to remind you.”

“Remind me of what?” I demanded again, feeling very, very irritated.

“That you will be gone in the fall.” She said with a toothy grin. “But I will be here, and Sidney will be here. What do you think will happen then? I already know.”

I didn’t say anything and she didn’t have time to say anything else nasty or cruel. I pulled back and absolutely leveled her. She ended up laying on her back in the hallway, and people were yelling that there was a fight. I glared down at her.

“Don’t you ever talk about my boyfriend, mon chum, like that again you dirty French whore.” I snapped. “And if you so much as lay one finger on him ever again, whether I am in Alberta or not, I will fly out here and I will kick your ass. Are we clear?”

She moaned from her place on the floor. “Oh my lord Nickie.” Sidney said. “What did you do to her?” He asked, looking concerned.

I glared at him. “Your room now.” I snapped.

“Oooooh.” The collective crowd that had gathered said.

I headed straight to his bedroom and Sidney followed dutifully, though he didn’t look particularly happy about it. “What the hell was that Nicole?” He asked again as soon as we were in the room with the door closed.

“What the hell was that?” I replied. “What the hell is this?” I asked. “She kissed you earlier like she owned you.”

“Jesus Christ Nickie it was a bloody game.” He said rolling his eyes. “I didn’t object when you kissed Danny.”

“No you just declared that we were out of the game without asking me whether or not I wanted to quit.” I replied.

“Yeah well I didn’t hit him!” He said.

“Well you didn’t hear what she said to me now did you?” I replied.

“What did she say?” He asked after a very, very long pause.

“She said that next year I was going to be in Alberta and the two of you were going to be here.” I snapped. “Then she asked me if I knew what was going to happen. I’m drunk and now I’m angry. I hit her. She’ll maybe have a black eye. Maybe she should fucking suck it up and not talk shit to me.” I paused. “If we’re going to have a future Crosby then you know I can’t be worried about girls like that. Since you don’t seem likely to take care of it I took care of it myself.”

No comments: