Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chapter 15 - Some Kind of Wonderful

Sidney and I spent as much time as possible together after that night, but it wasn’t always possible. Pat worked me hard. I was constantly making phone calls and taking messages. I was faxing things. He was calling me whenever he needed something, or couldn’t remember where he put something.

As the day of the draft approached though, Pat gave Sidney and I more time together, because Pat knew that as soon as the draft celebrations started, Sidney wouldn’t have any time for me. I knew, that and I excepted it, mainly because I already knew. I mean, I just knew.

I know that probably sounds really weird, because Sidney and I hadn’t really known each other for that long. But I already knew that he was my best friend. I mean, we’d clicked since we’d first met. So I think I surprised him by being different from how others girls had been.

I mean, when it came time for him to do press stuff, or sign autographs, I didn’t bitch and moan because, well, I didn’t feel as if I had to, if that makes sense. I mean, I knew, at the end of the day, that Sidney was still my best friend, no matter that some girl asked him to sign her chest.

It didn’t hurt that I got to go with his family to Ottawa. Or that I was going to be sitting with him and his family at the table during the draft. We found out on the 22nd of July that Sidney would be going to the Pittsburgh Penguins, who won the draft lottery. The Montrèal Canadiens got the highest pick of the Canadian teams. They would be picking fifth.

As it got closer to the number 1 pick, Sidney held my hand tighter (at least when the cameras weren’t on him – and there were cameras everywhere). He wanted so badly to be a Hab. We’d talked about nothing else since the agreement between the NHL and the NHLPA had been signed. Deep down, I wanted him to be a Hab, because that way he wouldn’t be too far away.

Except the Habs got the fifth pick, and Pittsburgh got number one. Immediately, part of me felt it was rigged, especially since Sid thought it would be Pittsburgh and they were in big time financial trouble… so where better to send the kid from Cole Harbour? In Pittsburgh, he could save a franchise.

When the final ball dropped, Sidney was on camera, and I was standing behind the scenes. One thing I’d already learned, and I’d only been working for Pat for a few days, was that the man was a marketing genius. Pat and IMG were marketing Sidney like a rock star and in Canada at least, it was definitely working.

After the cameras were turned off, Sidney grabbed me up and hugged me tightly. He was the consensus number 1 pick overall. Unlike the guys who came behind him who would have no idea where they were going to be in the fall, Sidney new. I kissed him on the cheek, very much aware of Pat and his parents watching us.

Things got pretty crazy after that. Anywhere he went he was accosted for autographs. It got really insane in Ottawa, and fans were everywhere. Pat was already negotiating with the Penguins, so I sat in on meetings and took notes. Sidney was busy with the press and with fans.

Finally, around 11:30 on our second day in Ottawa – the night before the draft was to take place, Sidney knocked on my hotel room door. It wasn’t something I was expecting at all though. I was exhausted after a day of meetings with Pat, and I figured Sidney was exhausted as well. So I was in a tank top and a pair of boy cut panties when he knocked on the door.

I moaned, thinking it was Pat and pulled on a pair of sweats and answered the door. To my surprise, Sid was standing there. “Took you long enough.” He muttered stepping through the door and sweeping me up in his arms.

“I had to put pants on.” I replied, feeling a little flustered… like I always did when he was holding me.

“You shouldn’t have.” He muttered, his lips pressing firmly against mine. “I’m just going to try and take them off.”

I kissed him back. “Are you supposed to be here?” I muttered.

“No.” He replied, trailing his lips softly down my neck. “But knowing you were a few floors down was driving me insane.”

“Sidney you shouldn’t be here.” I whispered frantically as his hands moved dangerously south of the border.

“Please Dare.” Sidney replied in an urgent whisper. “Tomorrow is one of the most important days of my life…”

“So I’m just supposed to fall into bed with you and spread my legs?” I replied in my most snarky tone of voice.

“Dare that is so not what I meant.” Sidney replied, letting me go and flopping down on his back on the bed.

“Good.” I said, unable to resist, and crawling on top of him and kissing him firmly. “Because honestly, if you were of age, it wouldn’t take one of the most important days of your life to get me to spread my legs for you – just a couple shots of liquid courage.”

“Really?” Sidney murmured, sounding surprised as his hands moved cupping my ass. “Well now you’re just giving me ideas Dare….”

“That’s good.” I murmured, my lips trailing down his throat, as I stopped to lick and kiss and bite here and there. “Because you could get me into so much trouble Crosby.”

He shrugged and moaned at the same time… my lips were totally working on his neck. “Fuck you’re hot Dare.” He muttered, his fingers working frantically to unhook my bra.

It came apart easier then I would have thought. Apparently the boy had some skill with that particular trick… and in case you don’t know, it isn’t a particularly easy skill to master. Most guys fumble and then you end up taking it off yourself out of frustration. Or worse, they just push it up and stretch it because they can’t get it off.

Not this boy however. He was able to take my bra off without any trouble at all. It was so totally hot it made me want him even more then I already did. “Fuck Sidney….” I muttered my voice low. “We have to stop honey.”

“I know….” He murmured as his hands moved up to feel my breasts through my shirt, though my bra was laying somewhere on the floor. “We should shouldn’t we?”

“Yes….” I muttered arching my back and pressing myself into his hands.

“You aren’t exactly making that easy Dare….” Sidney muttered as he reached to lift my shirt, placing soft kisses on my stomach.

“Neither are you Crosby.” I muttered shivering as he licked and nipped at my belly button ring. “Neither are you.”

“So how exactly are we going to stop?” He replied, his tongue swirling in my belly button.

Another knock sounded at the door. “Umm I think that’s how.” I muttered, scrambling off of him.

My hair was probably a total mess, and Sidney definitely looked as though he’d been up to something, I mean, he had that rumpled après sex look, although we definitely hadn’t had time to go that far. I answered the door anyway. Pat was standing there. “Is Sidney in here?” He asked.

He couldn’t see in the room… I’d only opened the door a crack. “What makes you think he’d be here?” I asked innocently.

Pat rolled his eyes. “Come on Darryl.” He said with a smirk. “I wasn’t born yesterday. Besides, he isn’t in the room with Jack, he’s not hanging out with the other guys, and his parents haven’t seen him since dinner, this is the only other place he’s going to be.” Pat paused and grinned. “Plus this is the only place he’d be without his cell.”

I smiled sheepishly and opened the door all the way. “So umm yeah, he so just got here Pat.”
Pat grinned and shook his head. “Sidney, Mario tried to call your room and you weren’t there.”

Sidney blushed and looked at the floor. “Umm sorry Pat.” He said, a wicked little grin on his face. I followed his gaze and blushed. My bra was lying right in the middle of the floor where Pat could totally see it. “Should I call him back?” He asked.

“That would probably be a good idea.” Pat said a smirk on his face. “Just tell him you went to visit some family.”

Sidney nodded and firmly closed the door behind him. “See you tomorrow Pat.” He said firmly. He turned back to me. “Now where were we?” He demanded, closing the distance between us easily and scooping me up in his arms.

“Pat’s knock on the door helped us figure out how we were going to stop.” I giggled and pushed him away.

“Dare that’s no fun.” He replied, reaching out and pulling me to him.

“And you are going to get both of us in a lot of trouble if you don’t call Mario.” I said pressing a finger to his lips to keep him from kissing me. “So maybe you should do that first.”

“Do I get to kiss you afterwards?” He bargained with me.

I giggled and pushed him gently away. “Just call Mario Crosby.” I said. “We’ll discuss your reward – that is if you deserve a reward, after you’re done with Super Mario, or the Magnificent One, or whatever the hell his actual nickname is.”

Sidney chuckled. “They both are Dare.” He told me, kissing me on the forehead softly. “And you had better start thinking of a reward for me, because I so deserve one.”

No comments: