Friday, April 25, 2008

Chapter 48 - How I Spent My Summer Vacation

The party was an absolute blast. Sidney and I had made love, got dressed and went back downstairs to enjoy the rest of the party. In fact, by the end of the night I was really glad that Sidney had come with me to Airdrie, because now, he knew first hand where I was from and what I knew.

One thing was bothering me though. Coby never showed up, which was completely out of character for him. It didn’t matter if he were fighting with me or with anyone else. A wild part was where you could find Coby Scott… especially like the kind I threw where the booze was free.

I mentioned it to Sid as we lay in bed that night. Mainly because I’d mentioned it to Morgan and a few other people, but no one wanted to tell me where Coby was. It made me somewhat suspicious, but when I asked Sidney what he thought of it, he just teased me about caring more about my ex then I did about him. This, of course, is so totally not true because no one means more to me than Sidney does.

A week later, Sidney and I were back in the East… only now we were in Cole Harbour. We’d gone the entire weekend without seeing my parents. So as far as I was concerned it had been a successful weekend. That, and I’d thrown a wildly successful generally wild party that all of my friends (and several of their friends) had enjoyed.

From Calgary on Tuesday morning, Sidney and I flew into Halifax where his parents met us. Sidney and I spent the rest of the week holed up in the Crosby’s family room, catching up on the school work that we’d neglected over the past little while.

The Friday after we got back though, we decided to take a break. Sidney and I deserved one after how hard we’d worked all week. Even Trina agreed. So when one of Sid’s friends called and asked us to come to a party, we decided to go.

I tossed Sidney the keys to my car as soon as we were out the door. “I am so not driving tonight phenom.”

“I don’t want to drive.” He argued. “I want to drink.”

“Well I want to drink too.” I said, folding my arms across my chest. “Why don’t we just take a cab?” I proposed.

Sidney sighed. “You know what my Mom will say.” He pointed out. “She’ll get all bitchy because we’re drinking and she won’t let us go.”

“Then why don’t you just drive me there like a good boyfriend.” I said teasingly, twining my arms around his neck and rubbing my body up against his teasingly. “And we’ll tell your Mom we were horribly peer pressured into drinking, but we did the responsible thing and took a cab home.”

“You are such a bitch Nickie.” Sidney growled, pushing me up against my car and lifting my shirt slightly, kissing his way down my neck.

“And you are incredibly horny.” I teased him. “Aren’t the quickies we sneak in from time enough for you phenom?” I nibbled on his bottom lip teasingly.

Sidney grumbled. “No they are not enough for me brat.” He said forcefully, pushing my up against the car and kissing me passionately. “I need you.” He groaned into my mouth.

“Mmmm…..” I mumbled into his mouth, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck.

We made out up against my car, in the shadows of the Crosby’s house until the porch light flickered on and we jumped apart guiltily. “Maybe we should go.” Sidney said, glancing at me sideways, a blush on his cheeks.

I chuckled. “Yeah, we probably should.” I said. “So whose house is this party at anyway?” I asked.

“Not a house party.” Sidney told me with a shrug as he started the engine of my car. “It’s a beach party or something. We’re meeting everyone at Dustin’s place though.”

“Go back and get me a sweater please.” I said pointedly.

Sidney glanced over at me. “But you look so hot in that shirt….” He whined.

“Yeah and in two hours and either going to be freezing my ass off wanting to go home or I’ll be drunk off my ass.” I said “So pick one Crosby because neither option sounds very appealing from where I’m standing.”

“Fine he said with a sigh all go get the stupid sweater.” He muttered.

"Gee thanks honey I love you to.” I told them with a sarcastic smile. “Don’t worry phenom we’re going to have a good time.”

Sidney went back into the house band. I’m sure his parents were surprised to see and since we kind of had already left. I wanted my sweater and we would both have more fun if I had what I wanted.

“Did your parents give you the third degree?” I asked.

“Not really.” Sidney answered with a shrug. “They were surprised to see me now.” He added as a bit of an afterthought. “Here is your sweater brat.”

“Thanks Sidney.” I told him taking the sweater from him.

We drove to the party in relative silence. I’m not sure that Sydney or I had much to say to each other at that point. I’m not sure why but I had feeling it Sid was a little nervous. Not sure what he had to be nervous about exactly I mean own when I got home, didn’t need for me to be nervous about I wasn’t sure when he was going to be reacts it was going to react to me with Sidney feeling the same way?

The fact that Sidney was nervous made me feel nervous. I mean I knew that his friends were going to be interrogating me, making sure that I was good enough for their phenom. I sighed. “Are you OK?” Sidney asked.

“Just nervous.” I said.

“Why are you nervous?” He asked.

“Weren’t you nervous when you met my friends?” I asked pointedly.

“Oh, yeah.” He said with a bit of a blush.

I snuggled closer to him, griping his arm in my hand. “I love you.” I whispered, kissing him softly on the cheek.

“Love you too.” Sidney replied, dropping a quick kiss on my forehead.

We drove in silence for awhile, finally arriving at a house in another part of Halifax. A much wealthier part of Halifax from the looks of the houses. “You should feel right at home here Nickie.” Sidney joked.

“Not funny.” I replied.

“Is too.” Sidney answered with a chuckle, shoving me gently with his shoulder. “You’re just nervous brat.”

I shrugged. “I already told you that.”

“I know brat.” Sidney said as he rang the doorbell. “I’m just teasing you.”

A girl flew out the door and almost literally jumped on Sid. “Baby!” She cried, trying to kiss him as Sidney struggled to keep his lips away from hers.

I couldn’t help myself. I reached up and grabbed her and pulled her off of him. “Who is this phenom?” I demanded, turning to look at Sidney.

“Nickie, this is April. April this is my girlfriend.” He said pointedly. “Nicole.”

She rolled her eyes. “Girlfriend?” She snorted. “You don't have a girlfriend Sidney, the closest thing you have is a fucking puck bunny.”

“You're wrong April. Nickie and I have been together for nearly six months.” Sidney said. “I love her.”

April snorted again. “Sidney you never have a girlfriend. Sometimes there’s a girl you fuck for a little while but you always come back to me.” She rolled her eyes. “How long is this one going to last?”

I raised my eyebrows at Sidney. “I’m hearing a lot of farts right now Sid.” I told him, taking his arm. “And since we both know where those come from, why don’t you introduce me to your friends?”

To my surprise, Sidney giggled. I shook my head and rolled my eyes. It apparently doesn’t matter how old they are – all men enjoy a fart joke. “Whatever you want brat.” He said, placing an affectionate kiss on my cheek.

April glared at me. “Don’t celebrate too much.” She advised nastily. “Just because you have him for now doesn’t mean that he isn’t going to come crawling back to me when you’re gone.”

I sighed, trying to control my temper. But I’d had enough. I knew that I would always have to deal with girls hitting on Sidney – it wasn’t something that could be avoided – that didn’t mean that I had to put up with them being total bitches to me though. “You know April, I’ve heard a lot of girls say that – believe me honey, you aren’t the only one.” I paused, taking a deep breath. “So get over yourself. You aren’t the only girl who thinks that they can get Sidney away from me – but I’m the only girl Sidney’s been faithful to for almost 6 months. That’s what I have. As far as I can tell, you’ve got nothing.”

Sidney shook his head as we entered the house. “You are something else Nickie.” He said with an amused smile.

I shrugged. “Of course I am.” I said with a smile. “It is why you love me after all.”

“CROSBY!” A male voice yelled, or rather, slurred, drunkenly.

“Dustin!” Sid replied, hugging him. “How are you man?”

“Wasted” The guy replied.

“As always.” Sidney laughed.

“You want a beer?” He asked.

“You need to ask?” Sidney replied. “While you’re at it, get Nickie one too.”

“Nickie?” Dustin asked, peering at me.

“My girlfriend….” Sidney said slowly, shaking his head. “Nickie this idiot is Dustin McNabb. Dusty, this is my girlfriend Nickie.”

I reached out and shook his hand. “Nice too meet you.” I said with a smile.

“Wow, dude, I so forgot you were bringing your girl this time.” He said, shaking his head.

I glanced into his eyes. The guy was not only drunk, he was totally stoned. That explained more then it didn’t. “No big deal man.” Sidney said, clapping him on the back.

“No it so is.” Dustin said. “I only invited that bitch April because you always seem to fuck her when you come home.”

Sidney had the good grace to blush. “Not really man. I did her in January, but that was the last time, and I’ve been home a couple of times since then.”

“Just too busy to party with your boys when you’ve been here.” Another male voice said.

“Lance, you know its not like that. Mom keeps me on a pretty short leash.” Sidney explained.

“And here I thought it was the girlfriend who did that.” Lance said, looking at me appraisingly.

I shrugged. “Nope, its all Trina.” I said with a shrug. “This is the first time she’s let either of us out of her sight since we got back from Alberta.”

Lance glanced at Sidney. “You were in Alberta?” He asked, sounding surprised.

Sid shrugged. “Had to party it up with my girl and her friends.” He said. “We invited some of the Dub boys who were on Team Canada and we all had a blast at the expense of Nickie’s Dad.”

Lance raised his eyebrows. “At her Dad’s expense?” He asked, looking confused.

I patted him gently on the cheek. “My Daddy’s Alberta oil honey. He could buy this entire province if he really wanted to.”

“Bullshit.” He replied, folding his arms across his chest.

Sidney grinned and slung an arm around my shoulders. “No she’s telling the truth man. Relax. Nickie’s great. Now where the fuck is Dustin with our beers?”

“You sent Dusty to get you a drink?” Lance asked with a laugh. “The guy is so stoned he probably forgot where the kitchen was.” He shook his head, looking me over again. “Come with me… I’ll show you were the beer is.”

No comments: