Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chapter 17 - Some Kind of Wonderful

A few days later I was sitting in the Green Room of the NBC studios in Burbank, California as Sidney was about to make his first late show appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Sidney was far more nervous then I would have thought he would have been. It was almost cute, the way he was pacing back and forth.

“Stop pacing Sidney.” Trina said with an amused smile. “You’re going to make me dizzy.”

“Sorry.” Sidney replied with a blush, plopping down on the couch next to me.

Instinctively I reached for his hand and squeezed it in mine. “It’s just another interview Sid.” I pointed out. “No big deal. You’ve been doing these since you were what? 11? No big deal.”

“But this one is going to be broadcast all over North America.” He whined.

“At least its not live.” I replied.

“But there is an audience.” He pointed out.

“Who probably know absolutely nothing about hockey.” I said. “So don’t worry about it.”

“Aren’t I supposed to save hockey though?” He countered. “I can’t do that if I can’t make that audience full of people who don’t care about the game start caring.”

I sighed. “You’re just trying to argue Crosby.” I pointed out with a small personal smile at Sid. You know the kind of smile I mean. It’s the kind of smile that makes single people jealous. It’s only significant to the person whose smiling and the person they are smiling at. “And all I’m trying to do is help you relax.”

He leaned over and kissed me softly on the lips. “Your right.” He said, his eyes twinkling mischievously. “I know a way that you could help me relax Dare.” He added, whispering in my ear.

I hit him playfully on the shoulder. “Don’t even think about it Crosby.”

“Only two more days.” He pointed out.

“What on earth are you two talking about?” Trina asked, looking a little confused.

“Inside joke Mom.” Sidney replied quickly. “Don’t worry about it.”

Then he looked over at me and smiled in a way that almost made me melt. If I could have become one with the chesterfield then I probably would have. Sidney noticed this and lifted the hand that was still holding his and kissed it softly, his eyes burning into mine.

The boy was so horny it was funny. Clearly, in case you hadn’t figured it out, Sidney and I had figured things out in Ottawa. He was interested in having something long term, even if that did mean that it was going to be long distance. “Sidney?” A Tonight Show person (not knowing anything about the behind the scenes TV world I have no idea what this person’s actual job is) said from the doorway.

“Yes?” Sid replied.

“Five minutes.”

“Okay.” Sid said with a sigh, standing and pacing again.

“Sidney sit down.” I said firmly. “The five minutes are not going to pass anymore quickly if you’re wearing out the carpet.”

Sidney grinned sheepishly at me and sat down. “Thanks Dare.” He replied.

I shook my head. “You know that you need me around if nothing else Crosby.”

Sidney chuckled. “Definitely… if nothing else.” He winked at me as he said that.

I just shook my head. The next thing I knew Sid was being called out to the stage and we were watching as he talked to Jay Leno about hockey and about his Mom’s old dryer. Sidney was used to the media, but it was pretty clear that comedians weren’t exactly his thing, though he did get comfortable when the talk was about his Mom’s dryer. It was cute, the way he was nervous.

When it was over, we all headed back to the hotel for a very late lunch, as the Tonight Show is actually filmed in the morning. Sidney and I weren’t staying in the same room, but he still followed me to my room and nobody said a word about it.

“Thank God that’s over.” He muttered loosening his tie and flopping down on the bed. “I can’t believe I couldn’t hit the fucking dryer.”

I giggled. “Well he did put the pressure on there, with the goal light and everything.”

Sidney chuckled and pulled me down onto his lap. “God I’m going to miss you this year Dare.” He muttered into my neck, kissing and nibbling at my neck, making me squirm. “I don’t want August 25th to come.”

That was the day that I had to be at work. Part of me was looking forward to it, but at the same time, I wasn’t because I knew full well that I was going to miss Sidney like there was no tomorrow. “You’ll be too busy to miss me, Mr. Cover-Model.” I teased him gently about the cover shoots he had over the last couple of days… he was going to be appearing on several magazine covers in the next couple of months. “You know it is an 82 game schedule.”

Sidney shrugged. “Doesn’t mean that I’m not going to miss you Dare… you’re going to be the first thing I think about when I get up in the morning and the last thing that I think about at night.”

I snorted. “Crosby please.”

“You’re already the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing I think about at night Dare.” Sidney told me, looking deeply into my eyes. “I can’t see that changing anytime soon.”

I sighed and snuggled closer. Part of me believed him… the same part of me that was desperate to believe in true love again. But deep down, I was terrified. I mean, what if he found someone new when he was in Pittsburgh? I didn’t even want to think about how it would feel to find that out.

Sidney sighed and kissed the top of my head. This was part of what made me like him so damn much. He knew when to let go of an argument. He also appeared to know that I needed time to accept that he actually was serious and to come to terms with the fact that he wasn’t lying to me.

“Can we just have lunch like this?” Sidney asked, his arms tightening around me.

“Hmmm.” I murmured, kissing his neck slowly.

“We should definitely have lunch like this.” He replied, lowering us both so we were lying on the bed, his arms tightening around my waist as he did so.

“Two more days Crosby.” I pointed out.

“The longest fucking two days in my life.” Sid said with a frustrated groan, rolling us over so that I was no on my back and he was on top of me.

He moved his hips slowly and deliberately, thrusting the way he wanted to… only he wanted us to be naked of course. I moaned low. I wanted to fuck this boy badly. We’d know each other for just over a month… I’d never gone that long knowing someone I was in a relationship with and not slept with him, who ever he was at the time.

He leaned forward and took my ear into his mouth, nibbling on the lobe, making me thrash slightly. “You know you want me Dare….” He whispered. “And it would be so easy right now….” He punctuated this statement with another thrust of his hips.

I moaned again. “Fuck Crosby, you already know that I want you as badly as you want me. Are you trying to make me beg?”

“I hadn’t thought about that….” Sidney murmured, a wicked grin on his face.

“Well stop thinking about it.” I demanded, licking up his neck to just under his ear. “Because I’ve already MADE you beg.”

“But maybe if I make you beg then we’ll both get what we want, instead of waiting two stupid days.” Sidney countered.

“Who said that you were getting anything in two days?” I asked him with my eyebrows raised.

Sidney rolled his eyes. “You know you want me Dare.” He said, thrusting again, kissing and nipping at my collarbone. “So don’t start playing with me now. It’s not fair.”

“Just because I want you doesn’t mean that I don’t have any self-control.” I pointed out.

“Then I’ll just have to make you beg….” Sidney muttered, trailing a line of kisses down my neck to the low-cut V of my shirt.

He was in the process of play wrestling with me to get it off when the phone rang. “Fuck.” He muttered, rolling off me so that I could answer the phone.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Darryl are you and Sidney coming down for lunch?” Troy’s voice was amused.

“Umm he mentioned something about room service.” I said with a smile at Sid. “Let me ask.” I covered the receiver with my hand. “Are we going down for lunch?”

“Do we have to?” He whined.

“What do you think?” I replied, adjusting my clothing.

“I think that you’re going to make me go sit down for dinner with my family when I have this huge fucking boner.” Sidney replied with a grimace as he sat up and adjusted himself.

I giggled. “We’ll be down in a few minutes Troy.” I told Troy, uncovering the receiver.

“See you then.” He replied hanging up.

Sidney moaned. “You are evil Dare.” He told me, standing now and adjusting himself further, so that no one could see that he was totally turned on.

The fact was, I was turned on too. Not that I was going to admit that to him or anything like that. I smiled teasingly at him. “Come on Crosby.” I said, leading the way out of the room.

“You are so going to pay for this some day soon.” He muttered, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his face in my neck. “Mark my words Dare… you are going to be naked and screaming before you know it… if I have anything to say about.”

His breath was hot in my ear. It totally turned me on. “Whatever you say Crosby.” I replied, titling my head for his kiss. “Whatever you say….”

No comments: