Thursday, April 24, 2008

Chapter 31 - How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Sidney and I got back to Rimouski late that night, and basically fell into bed the second that we got to his place. Eric told me that some parents were apparently after my ass, blaming me for their kids suspensions and stuff, but that Tante Amèlie basically told them to shove it.

Apparently I am a good girl. At least that’s what Tante Amèlie is telling everyone who’ll listen.
I couldn’t help but laugh when Eric told us that. I didn’t think that Tante Amèlie knew me well enough to say anything about me at all. Sidney and I collapsed into bed when we got home Sunday night. We were tired. We kissed and cuddled, but despite our talk in the car, we just went to sleep. I was emotionally drained more then anything else. And despite my brave words, part of me was scared that my Dad was going to cut of my funds.

I didn’t speak French well enough to work in Rimouski, which meant I would be dependent on Tante Amèlie, which was like being dependent on, well my parents with far less disposable income, which would be why I was keen to keep my funding from my Dad.

The boys’ second round playoff series wasn’t scheduled to start until the 2nd of April. In the meantime, the boys were busy growing playoff beards and training their butts off. Fortunately for us both, Sidney appeared incapable of growing any facial hair, though I was aware that prior to this attempt, he’d still shaved every day. I wasn’t exactly sure what purpose that served, but if it made him feel good, fine.

Either way, the first two games of the Nics first round series were set for the Colisèe on April 2nd and 3rd. The next two games were in Shawinigan on the 6th and 7th before heading back to Rimouski (if need be) on the 9th. The boys and the town was pumped. The team had apparently won the Memorial Cup (the national championship) in 2000 before basically sucking it up for the next couple of years.

Then they drafted Sidney, and things had turned around. I hadn’t been here, so I didn’t really get it. But, since my Calgary Flames hadn’t made the playoffs in years, I could kind of understand what it was like (the excitement) of having a good team.

However, the playoffs meant that there would be no more sleepovers for Sidney and I. He’d told me that as soon as we got back from Cole Harbour. It was our last night together until at least the end of first round.

The boys watched the first round with interest. I spent a lot of nights doing homework at Eric and Sid’s while a group of guys watched game film so they could dissect their potential opponents style of play.

Now, you’d think since I liked hockey this would be fun. I mean, they watched like, three games a night. Unfortunately these boys do not really know how to watch a game for fun… at least not QMJHL games. Every now and then we’d watch the NHL playoffs and that was actually fun.

But not when they were watching the Q games. They’d stop the tape every like, 10 seconds to talk about how some guy on the other team liked to shoot high, or dangle left, or whatever. They even talked about the refs, and how they called games.

You can hopefully see why I was doing homework. If you can’t, well then you’re probably an athlete who is like, obsessive the way they are. Either way, it was one of those nights… a Tuesday, a couple of days before their series was set to begin, when I was sitting in the kitchen, studying for a math test with Michelle, who was helping me.

“Do you have to study all the time?” Sidney whined as he grabbed a powerade out of the fridge.

“I hate math.” I replied, with a shrug. “And I suck at it.”

“Come watch with us.” He said. “Just for a little while. You’ve come over every night Nickie, which is great, but then you hide in the kitchen.”

I shrugged. “You won’t be interested in me anyway phenom.” I pointed out. “So I might as well stay here and study. At least that way you can ignore me and I won’t notice it.”

“You’re pouting.” He accused.

I sighed. He was right. I was pouting. I was also horny as hell. It’s actually really amazing. Before Sidney and I had started sleeping together sex hadn’t really been that important to me. I mean, I enjoyed making out with Coby, but it wasn’t something I wanted to do all of the time.

Since Sidney and I had started sleeping together on the other hand? I hadn’t gone more the a few days AT most without sex. Yet now it had been over a week and I was starting to get cranky. Top it off with the fact that Sidney was getting busier and busier and getting more and more attention from the media and I was just generally cranky.

“Yes I am.” I said. “And I would like to continue doing so if that doesn’t offend you overly.” I snapped.

“Can you excuse us for a second?” He said to Michelle, barely glancing at her.

Michelle had an amused smile on her face as she stood and said. “Mais oui.”

“You didn’t have to send her away.” I informed him petulantly. “After all, anything we say I am going to repeat to her eventually.”

Sidney shrugged. “You’re really pissed at me Nickie and I’d like to know why.” He said.

“I never said I was angry with or at you.” I snapped.

“Yes but you used a series of larger words and proper grammar which tells me that you’re pissed at me brat. I know you well enough to know that.” He said, plopping himself down in the chair next to mine. “So tell me what’s wrong?”

“How on earth is it not getting to you?” I grumbled.

“What?” He asked.

“Do you realize that we haven’t had sex in over a week?” I demanded standing and pacing. “And before that we were stuck in Cole Harbour with your parents and we didn’t have sex for like, four days. So apart from that one night when got back and were too exhausted to do it more then once, we really haven’t had sex for like, over two weeks.”

Sidney burst out laughing. “That’s why you’ve been such a bitch lately brat?” He asked, grinning, clearly pleased with himself. “You’re horny?”

“Well that and you’re clearly not.” I snapped.

“Oh Nickie.” He said, standing and pulling me into his arms with a chuckle. “Brat I take care of it by hand if you know what I mean.”

“Oh.” I said, blushing and burying my face in shirt, enjoying his smell.

“You can do that too can’t you?” He asked, pulling back and looking me in the eye, his look teasing yet full of longing and desire. “I mean, you’ve done it for me before….”

“That’s different.” I replied, burying my face in his t-shirt again. “I do it to turn you on.”

Sidney was still chuckling. “You aren’t going to grow hair on your palms if you do it, you know that right Nickie?”

“You’re an ass.” I replied, snuggling closer, enjoying the feel of his body and his arms.

“One who isn’t going to be getting any for awhile.” He replied. “So come on Nickie… come sit with me. Pretty please? With a cherry on top?”

I sighed. He gets this little boy look when he begs that is well the cutest thing ever. There is no way around it. When he does the whole puppy dog eyes, pretty please thing, he makes himself look like a little kid. It really is adorable. “Fine.” I said. “But only if you promise to help me with my math homework later. You make far more sense then Michelle does.”

“That…” He said with a smile. “Is because Michelle is literally speaking another language Nicole.”
“Haha.” I said as we wandered in to the living room. “You are soooo funny Sidney.”

He grinned boyishly. “I know.” He said, plopping himself down on the couch and pulling me onto his lap after him. “People tell me all the time just how funny I am.”

“Don’t forget how great you are too Sid.” Mark said, rolling his eyes.

“Doubtful.” I replied with a giggle.

“Hey….” He said shoving me slightly, causing me to wiggle in his lap. “Are you saying I’m not great?”

“Essentially…. Yes.” I replied teasingly.

“Well now I’m going to pout.” He said, sticking out his lower lip.

I leaned forward and kissed him, biting the lower lip gently. “Aw come on Crosby you know I love you.”

“Will you two get a room?” Mark asked, disgusted. “Some of us aren’t getting laid regularly anymore.”

“Poor baby.” Sidney and I replied at the same time, stopping briefly to grin at each other.

“You guys suck.” Mark said sulkily.

“That is so completely wrong.” Sidney said, shaking his head with a wicked grin. “I do not now, nor have I ever sucked. Nickie on the other hand….”

He was stopped as I hit him with a pillow. “Sidney!” I cried.

“Well you do it very well….” He said as everyone in the living room laughed.

“And the rest of the team did not need to know that.” I said blushing as everyone grinned and leered. “You guys are assholes.” I muttered, burying my face in Sidney’s neck.

Sidney chuckled. “They’re just jealous of my luck.” He said.

“Keep this up Crosby and you won’t be getting lucky for a long, long time….” I told him warningly, feeling completely and totally embarrassed.

“Nickie I hate to burst your bubble.” Mark said nastily. “But the kid does not need you in order to get laid.”

“He doesn’t need me.” I snapped. “But if he’s smart then he won’t try to get it from anyone else.”

Sidney glared at Mark. “Shut the fuck up Tobin.” He snapped. “I realize you need to get laid and all, but don’t say shit like that to Nickie.”

I snuggled closer to Sidney and winked at Mark. “It’s alright Sidney.” I said. “Mark is just being a jerk and he knows it.” I glanced at Mark pityingly. “It’s alright Marky. You can come with Sidney and I to Airdrie when we do.” I said. “I’m sure I can find a girl or two who’s willing to do whatever you want her too.”

“You want me to come with you?” He asked, looking surprised.

“Of course.” I said. “It wouldn’t be the same without you. Besides, then I can show you my closet.” I told him, grinning wickedly.

“Oh lord I don’t even want to think about it.” Mark said, rolling his eyes skyward. “She’s started taking over the living room.”

I shrugged. “I like to be well dressed Tobin.”

“You just like having more clothes then anyone else you know.” Mark accused.

“Is there something wrong with that?” I asked.

“Yes.” He replied. “When the clothes start taking over my living room.”

I shrugged. “It’s my living room too Tobin.”

“Hopefully not next year.” He moaned as if pained.

I pouted. “You want me out of here next year?” I asked, looking all sad.

“Yes.” He replied. “But not like, gone, gone. Just not in my basement gone.”

I giggle and turned to Eric. “What do you say Nielsen… can I come live with you?”

“We’d need a bigger place.” He replied. “I have seen the living room at Mme. Paradis’ place remember?”

“Oh yeah.” I grinned. “What about you Patrick?” I asked the little D-lineman.

“I would need a new place as well.” He said in his heavily accented English. “You have so much clothing. Too much I think.”

I shrugged. “Well then Marky, I guess you’re stuck with me.”

“What if you go home?” Mark asked. “You’re parents can’t want you to stay here forever can they?”

I shrugged, and felt Sidney tense his arms still wrapped tightly around me, as both of us didn’t want to think about it. “I guess.” I said. “But you never, ever know with my parents.”

“What will you do?” He asked.

Sidney shrugged. “Deal with it when it happens.” He replied. “Until then, Nickie and I will just enjoy what we’ve got and the rest of us need to get ready for this fucking playoff series. We want to win a fucking championship don’t we?”

No comments: