Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chapter 11 - Some Kind of Wonderful

We had a really great brunch. His parents, as I already knew, were super nice and they continued being super nice to me. They asked me a lot of questions about what I thought of Nova Scotia thus far and whether or not I was looking forward to work. It was your basic first meal with a guy’s parents.

And in that, it was a little weird. I mean, Sidney had been a good friend thus far, and it wasn’t as though that showed any signs of ending. But it the meal felt far too much like we were on the road to dating, if we hadn’t already started. Then that frightened me in a sense… I mean, we were seeing a lot of each other….

Did that mean we were actually dating? Did Sidney think we were seeing each other? Did his parents? Did Taylor? Did everyone? Because, well I wasn’t really all that sure where I wanted this to go. I wasn’t really all that sure that I wanted it to go anywhere, I mean he’s a 17-year-old hockey phenom, whose probably more famous in this country then most of our politicians.

Hell, I didn’t know who my new local MP was, but I knew long before I moved that I was moving to the hometown of Sidney Crosby. When we were done, Troy went and paid and glanced at Sid. “You know that you have to be at the airport, like now right?” He said.

Sidney shrugged. “I heard there were some delays. I’m not that worried.” He told his Dad.

Troy raised his eyebrows. “Let’s get you to the airport.” He said firmly. “You do have you stuff in your truck right?”

Sidney rolled his eyes. “No Dad, I left it at home.”

“No need for sarcasm.” Troy replied with a small smile and an eye-roll of his own.

Everyone started walking out, leaving me a little befuddled. “So I guess Troy, you and Trina will take me home later?” I asked, following a few steps behind.

Sidney tossed me a set of keys. “No.” He said. “You can take the truck.”

“And then you’re parents will take me home from your place?” I replied, feeling like I was a complete idiot because I was clearly missing something.

“Naw.” Sidney said with a shrug. “No offense Dare, but you’re driving a piece of shit. You can use the truck while I’m out of town.”

His truck was a luxury SUV. My car was a piece of shit K car. “I can’t do that.” I said, looking at Troy and Trina anxiously, worried that they’d think that I planned this or wanted Sid to do this. “I’ll drop it off if you like though….”

“Take the truck Darryl.” Troy said, smiling at me. “I’ve seen your car and I wouldn’t let anyone drive it. The truck is safer.”

“Are you sure?” I asked, asking Troy and Trina more then I was asking Sid.

Sidney was the one who answered though. “Dare, I want you to take my truck okay?” He said firmly, pressing his spare set of keys into my hand. “In fact, I’m going to leave it with you whenever I go away, so suck it up and deal with it. I don’t feel comfortable with you driving that thing of yours and there’s no sense in you driving an unsafe car when my truck is just sitting there.”

“I can’t Sid.” I said, blushing as his parents watched the exchange.

“Of course you can.” Trina replied. “It’s far more practical.”

“Just do it Dare.” Sidney whispered. “Please?”

I shook my head. “You’re bad.” I whispered back, finally taking the keys from him, very aware of the fact that we were touching.

His thumb intentionally brushed against my fingers. “Of course I am.” He replied with a wink. “But we both already knew that.”

“Stop it.” I hissed, looking hesitantly at his parents.

Sidney grinned and shook his head. “We’ll meet you at the airport.” He told his parents, waving as we headed towards his truck.

Sidney held the door open for me, and then leaned in and kissed me quickly, yet still gently and softly, before I could protest. “Sidney!” I snapped pulling away.

He grinned impishly. “I have to catch you off guard.” He informed me. “At least, that’s what my Dad said.”

I couldn’t really help myself. I chuckled and shook my head. It was such a… young thing to do, you knowing asking his Dad for advice. “Well you certainly managed that Crosby.” I told him. “However, I am going to respectfully ask that you refrain from even attempting to catch me off my guard again until after you are of legal age to do so.”

It was Sidney’s turn to laugh. “Dare….” He said teasingly. “You’re doing it again….”

“Doing what again?” I asked, feeling flustered.

“All the intellectual mumbo jumbo.” He replied mischief in his eyes.

“Apparently it’s what I do.” I replied with a shrug. “So get used to it.”

Sidney smiled and reached for my hand. “I’ve had more fun hanging out with you and running with you then I’ve had with any girl in a long, long time Dare.” He said, squeezing my hand gently.

I pulled my hand away as if it were on fire. “Sidney….” I said warningly.

He just shrugged and grinned. “Dare….” He replied teasingly.

Not thinking, I stuck my tongue out at him. “Ass.” I muttered.

“Don’t stick it out unless you’re going to use it.” He replied, grinning wickedly.

I had had enough of his teasing me. For one thing, I was total putty in his hands and I definitely didn’t like that. For another, well he was just bugging me to bug me. So I decided that turn about was fair play. I reached over, grabbed the hand that had been holding mine and carefully licked the length of one of his fingers knowing full well that doing so was going to make him think about other things I could be licking.

His eyes were half-closed and he was hissing slightly when I looked up at him. “There.” I said, a self-satisfied smile on my face. “I used it. Happy now?”

“Not nearly happy enough.” He replied, his eyes hot as they burned into mine. “We do have time for you to make me that happy before I leave for Toronto though.”

I raised my eyebrows. “But we do not have enough time for you to make me happy in return Crosby.” I said with a shrug, having decided that teasing him back MIGHT work better then teacher speak. Which apparently just made him tease me more and that just wasn’t working for me. “So really, it’s just not worth my while.”

His jaw dropped. I don’t exactly think that that’s what he expected me to say. Maybe I was supposed to blush and stammer and say some more really big words. Either way, what I had said was definitely not what he’d been expecting.

“What’s the matter Crosby?” I teased, walking my fingers up his arm. “Cat got your tongue?”

“Naw.” He replied a wicked grin once again on his face. “I was just thinking about how wrong you always are.”

“Always?” I replied, my eyebrows raised once again.

“Yep.” He said, his confidence back, the arrogant tone in his voice once again. “See when we met, you didn’t even want to be my friend. Now we’re friends.”

I shrugged. “Okay, so you got me once.”

“Then you said you would never give into temptation.” He informed. “Yet you just licked my finger. Clearly that is giving in to the undeniable temptation to touch me.”

I rolled my eyes at him again. “Clearly I only did that to drive you insane.” I told him with a self-satisfied smile. “And it so totally worked. The look on your face was pure lust.”

“You’ll have a look like that on your face someday soon Dare.” Sidney promised firmly. “And when you do, I’m going to make you beg.”

“Yeah right.” I scoffed. “Trust me Crosby, it will take a whole hell of a lot more then licking my finger to make me beg.”

“And I look forward to licking every part of your body to find out what does make you beg Dare.” Sidney replied, his gaze so full of lust it would have made me shiver if I hadn’t been trying so hard not to.

So instead I shrugged. “Whatever you say Crosby.” I told him, trying my best to make it sound as though I didn’t believe a word he was saying. “If that’s what you want to believe, go for it.”

He just looked over at me and grinned. We both knew it, but neither of us were going to say it, me in particular, but I was anticipating it. My body was literally tingling. I’d gone without sex for over a month before I’d moved. The truth was, I was starting to get more then a little antsy.

Unfortunately for me, he totally knew it. It was like he could sense it. He was like, sexually attuned to me or something… or at least it felt that way when I could feel the heat from his body from the next seat over. In one way, it was even more exciting… the fact that he just KNEW that I was hot. On the other hand however, it was also somewhat disturbing, after all he’s only 17 and there is no way that any 17-year-old should be sexually experienced enough to just KNOW.

Then again, I thought to myself as Sid drove to the airport, he isn’t actually the average 17-year-old or anything like that. The little smirk he was wearing on his face told me that he knew exactly what I was thinking – and that he liked it. It was extremely sexy in a disturbing kind of way.

I glanced over at him, tempted to reach for him, but knowing that I couldn’t. He was gorgeous. Erin was certainly right about that. He had a ready smile that could light up a room, and those of eyes of his could make any girl melt, no matter her age. He was solidly built and neither too tall, nor too short (at least not for me) and his dark curly hair was just dead sexy.

I looked up, and found him looking at me. The next thing I know, he’s leaning across the truck and his lips are on mine, strong and passionate, yet gentle and coaxing at the same time. Then he’s reaching up and his hand wraps gently around the back of my neck pulling me deeper into the kiss.

No comments: