Thursday, April 17, 2008

Chapter 25 - How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Two nights later, Thursday the 11th, Sidney and I sat in his SUV, parked in the driveway outside Tante Amèlie’s house making out. “When are your parents leaving?” I groaned low.
“Not until sometime after the season ends.” He said. “Well Mom and Taylor might go home sooner because she can’t miss that much school.”

“Thank God.” I murmured, my lips trailing down his neck. “I’m not sure that I could take this much longer. I haven’t gotten a decent nights sleep since they got to town.”

“You and me both sweetie.” He said, hugging me close. “I miss waking up in the morning with you next to me. I miss you being the last thing that I see at night and the first thing that I see in the morning.”

“You are far too sweet for your own good.” I said. “Now are we going to the dance or not?” I asked.

“Do we have to?” Sid asked, looking me over. “You look far too good to share.”

“Remember, I promised B that we’d meet her there, and you know Danny only agreed to go with Michelle because you said you’d be there.” I pointed out.

“Fine.” He said rolling his eyes.

“I still can’t believe that you two are actually getting along.” Sidney said. “I mean, especially considering how she treated you.”

I shrugged. “She needed a friend.” I pointed out. “And Catrine and Claire – who wants you so bad its sickening by the way, are too busy being self-absorbed to notice how upset that she really was.”

“Well you know all you did was prove to me how really wonderful you are.” He said smiling softly at me. “Because I don’t know many girls who would befriend the girl that their boyfriend used to have casual sex with.”

I kissed. “Just don’t push it and expect me to be nice to all of them.” I said warningly. “And I won’t expect you to be nice to Coby when you meet him.”

Sidney grimaced. “Who says I’m going to meet the bastard?” He replied.

We’d talked more in the past couple of days about our past relationships because I’d HAD to ask him about the University Sophomore who’d taken his innocence so to speak. In return, he’d wanted to know about Coby. To me, it was only fair. Sidney, of course, immediately decided that he didn’t like Coby, wouldn’t like Coby and couldn’t like Coby based on how he’d treated me. “Airdrie isn’t exactly a huge place phenom.” I pointed out. “It’s smaller then Rimouski. It’s just a suburb.”

Sidney grumbled. “Can I hit him?” He asked.

“I’d prefer if you didn’t.” I said. “I mean, you outweigh him and out muscle him significantly. And it wouldn’t exactly be fair.”

He sighed. “Well I suppose.” He said.

I smiled at him and gently stroked his cheek. He looked absolutely gorgeous in his suit. He always looked absolutely gorgeous with his hair gelled and taken care of, instead of tousled and sweaty. “You look absolutely wonderful sweetie.”

He glanced over at me. I was a knee-length, black, slashed skirt with sparkly beads on it, and a black tube top and a pair of strapy black stillettoes. (see Ms. Kulak? There are reasons I love my Mom. Mainly it’s the shoes.) “You look sexy.” He said, nibbling on my ear. “Are you sure we have to go?”

I rolled my eyes. “Yes.” I said firmly. “Now can we get going?”

“If you insist.” He said, looking at me longingly.

“Don’t do that!” I scolded him. “Or else we’re going to end up naked in your truck in my Tante’s driveway.”

“Is that a promise or a threat?” He replied as he backed out of the driveway.

“A little of both Crosby.” I said, my hand on the inside of his thigh.

“You stop that.” He replied, his gaze intense. “Because if you don’t we really aren’t going to make it to this dance.” He paused before he grumbled. “Why do we have to go to this thing anyway? Neither of us actually go to this school. Heck, you barely speak French. I speak more then you do.”

I shrugged. “The last time you did anything normal like this was last year. I’d like to do something normal with you. Besides….” I added petulantly. “We’ve never even gone out on a real date. It’s always us going to hockey games, us going to your place, or my place or Marc-Antione’s place. Recently we’ve done things with your parents, but I’d like to do this. It’s normal.”

“Not much in either of our lives is normal Nickie.” Sidney pointed out. “But I’ll do this to make you happy, if nothing else.”

“Thank you.” I said, leaning over and kissing his cheek.

“What can I say?” He said with a dramatic sigh. “I love you.”

I rolled my eyes. “It is not going to be that bad.”

“I hope not.” He replied.

I just shook my head as we approached the high school. I knew Sidney was just as horny as I was. We hadn’t managed to be alone since his parents left us alone the night before the game. I glanced over at Sidney. “Sid do you think your parents let us be alone the night before the game on purpose?” I asked.

Sidney burst out laughing. “Actually I know they did.” He said. “Dad told me about it. He figured that part of my umm, pre-game ritual involved you and he didn’t want to mess it up.”

I laughed. “Somehow I could totally see that. That’s why I asked.” I glanced over at him seductively. “So you think they’ll excuse you from coming home tonight?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” He said slowly, pondering it. “I’m sure Dad could talk Mom into it.”

“Maybe he already has.” I said, rubbing Sidney’s leg.

“Hey aren’t you the one who wanted to come to this stupid dance in the first place?” He said, grabbing my hand and using his thumb to play with my hand. “Let’s go.”

“Fine.” I said. “But we don’t want to mess with your pre-game ritual now do we?”

He grinned as he held the door open for me. “Of course we don’t.” He said. “I mean, I might not break as many records if I do.”

I laughed at him. “Thanks hun.” I said, as he helped me down out of the SUV. “And we both know that I wouldn’t want to ruin your chance at breaking another record.” I told him rolling my eyes.

He laughed. “Fine, well that, and you’re totally sexy and you’ve been driving me insane.”

“You know phenom, Eric is right, we’re pathetic.”

“Why are we pathetic now?” He asked as we walked into the school.

“Because it’s only been two fucking days.” I said. “Two days since we’ve been together, and we’re both going insane.”

Sidney shrugged. “We’re young and horny.” He said in a simple understatement. “Plus you are damn fine.”

“Thanks sweetie.” I said, kissing him on the cheek. “So are you.”

“Get a fucking room already.” Danny said, coming up behind us, Michelle’s hand in his. “Jeez.”

I stuck my tongue out at him, but Sid glared at him. “Look who’s talking?” He snapped. “The guy who’s gotten laid every single fucking day this week.”

“Twice a day actually.” Danny said with a wicked grin, as Michelle blushed.

“Fuck you Stewart.” Sid said.

“You could always leave now and hang out at Mme. Paradis while your parents think you’re at the dance.” He pointed out.

Sidney sighed. “That’s what I said.” He said. “But Nickie promised Bianca that we’d be here, and I told you that I’d be here, so she said that we had to come.”

“Well Darryl, if its you hanging out with me at a cheesy high school dance or you getting laid, you know that I am totally in favour of you getting laid.” Danny said. “You didn’t have to come just because you told me that you’d be here.”

“Well he kind of did.” I said. “Because you told Michelle that you wouldn’t come if Sidney didn’t.”
“Oh yeah.” Danny said. “True.”

“And I promised Bianca that I’d be here, and I don’t like to break promises.” I said.

“I cannot believe you are being so nice to her.” Michelle said, rolling her eyes. “She was such a salope to you.”

I shrugged and hugged Sidney close to me. “I can’t blame her for wanting my man that’s all.” I said, even though that wasn’t totally the whole deal. “I mean, who wouldn’t want him?”

“Flatterer.” Sidney said, kissing me softly on the lips.

I licked at his lips teasingly. “I just want to spend the night with you phenom. Don’t let it go to your head or anything.”

We laughed. “So have you actually seen B yet?” I asked Michelle.

Michelle shrugged in that I-don’t-care-and-I-don’t-see-why-you-do why that she had. “I have not looked for her.”

“Well I’m going to do a quick lap.” I said looking around the crowded gym. “I mean, we do have a table in this mess don’t we?”

“Oui.” Michelle said, then she rolled her eyes. “Over there. But there are many dixièmes et neufièmes here tonight, so I do not know if you will want to stay long.”

I shrugged. Most of our dances in Airdrie were for all grades… including the Jr. High that was in our school. I was used to annoying little kids running around. “We’ll survive.” I said confidently.

As we made our way to our table however, some of that confidence waned. Girls were everywhere, and they far out numbered the guys and they were eyeing up Sidney and Danny like they were pieces of meat. Sidney immediately felt my discomfort, and laced his fingers through mine. He leaned over and kissed the sensitive place behind my ear. “You’re the only one for me Nickie.” He whispered softly. “Never forget that.”

“Thanks phenom.” I said. “I needed that.”

He just smiled at me as he took my coat (it was March after all Ms. Kulak and despite what some people have always seemed to think, I’ve never been stupid). “Are you going to sit?” He asked. “Or are you going to go look for Bianca?”

I glanced around. “I should probably go look for B.” I said. “Why don’t you have a seat and keep the table since Danny and Michelle appear to have wandered off already, I’ll go find B, and I’ll be right back sweetie.”

“Only if I get a kiss first.” He replied, his eyes burning into mine the same way that they had the very first night that we’d kissed.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, my fingers burying themselves in his hair. “That is a very easy request to fulfill.” I murmured as his lips met mine.

Sidney drew me into the corner so that none of the chaperones could see us. Not that they would actually try and stop us or anything, because he WAS the town phenom, and really the only reason that anyone knew where Rimouski even was. Heck he was probably responsible for the fact that they had even heard of Rimouski. “Don’t go anywhere.” I whispered.

“I definitely won’t.” He said, smiling softly at me. “Don’t be gone long.” He added, giving my ass a gentle smack.

Sidney sat down then, and I wandered away, giving him a seductive smile as I did so. The minute that I was away from the table however, a group of girls almost ran as they rushed to talk to Sid. Don’t get me wrong, I’m used to girls always coming up and talking to Sidney. It’s not a big deal most of the time, because its only one or two girls, and I’m right there with him. But it wasn’t easy watching as this huge group of girls surrounded him and immediately started talking his ear off.

Hell, I even knew that Sidney had on his press face… the smile he gives to the media and to people he really doesn’t like. But the fact remains, I know that I’m going to be leaving him within the next few months… or he’ll be leaving me. As I watched him smile and laugh with genuine amused at something one of the girls said, I couldn’t help but wonder how long it would be before
he gave in to the pressure and cheated.

No comments: