Sunday, April 27, 2008

Part 5 - Nobody's Perfect

D and I met up with everyone at BP’s and proceeded to pig out on food we shouldn’t have eaten… or at least food I shouldn’t have eaten. Except that with everything that D and I had drank already, we both needed to eat. Then we proceeded to get completely and totally wasted, since eating had totally killed our respective buzzes. We headed out with everyone to our favourite bar and D ended up hooking up with some puck, while I ran into Aaron.

While Sidney and I were technically almost together, we definitely weren’t exclusive. We each had our own thing on the side. His happened to be head from, well any girl he could get it from, and mine was Aaron.

Aaron and I would never date. He thought that I was a slut, and I hated the fact that he thought that I was a slut. But the sex was good. In fact, at times, the sex could be pretty damn fantastic. The boy may have thought that I was a slut, but that didn’t stop him from being willing to go down on me any chance that he had.

So I took him home. I figured that there was no reason not to. He and I were both good and plastered, Sid was probably plastered and getting head from someone, so it was all good. Or at least I thought it was.

At five thirty am, when Aaron and I were readying ourselves for round number 2, having passed out after round number one, my cell rang. “Ignore it.” Aaron urged me, his teeth nipping at my breast.

“Hold on.” I mutter impatiently, running a hand through my hair.

I glanced at the number, since the ring wasn’t familiar. “Oh shit.” I muttered as I saw the Rimouski area code flashing across the screen. “Hello?” I answered flipping open my phone.

“Hey baby.” Sidney’s voice answered from the other end.

“Sid where are you?” I asked, hitting at Aaron’s hands as he tried to pull me back on top of him.

“Patrick’s.” He answered. “Where are you?”

“At home.” I said as Aaron reached between my legs. “Stop it.” I hissed.

“And not alone apparently.” He chuckled, though I could tell that he was actually quiet upset by the idea.

I blushed to the roots of my hair. “Well D and I went out to get really drunk, to celebrate the win and all, and he ran into Mel and I ran into Aaron and well we ended up leaving separately.”

“Oh.” Sidney said in a tight tense voice.

“Come back to bed Dely.” Aaron called.

“Get dressed.” I snapped at him. “And I’ll call a cab.”

That got his attention, he sat straight up. “Who the hell is on the phone?” He demanded.

“Sidney Crosby.” I replied, knowing full well that he wasn’t going to believe me.

Exactly as I thought he would, Aaron snorted. “Yeah fucking right.” He snapped. “Now come on Dely.”

“Here.” I snapped throwing him the phone. “You talk to him for a minute, while I call you a cab.”

“Who the hell is this?” Aaron demanded.

“Who the hell are you?” Sidney replied.

I grinned to myself as I reached for the phone. The nice thing about cell phones is that you can always hear what both people are saying. Aaron replied. “I asked you first.”

“Like Drew said….” Sidney replied. “I’m Sidney Crosby.”

Aaron snorted again. “Look I know she’s friends with Dion Phaneuf, but forgive me for having a hard time believing that Sidney fucking Crosby calls Red Deer’s town slut at five-thirty in the morning.”

“It’s seven thirty here.” Sidney snapped. “And Drew is not a slut. If anything, you’re a slut for sleeping with her while thinking she’s a slut.”

“So I’m supposed to believe that you really are Sidney Crosby and that you and Dely Whitney are just friends?” Aaron demanded.

“We are not just friends.” Sidney replied. “And I for one, never asked you to believe we were, nor do I believe that Drew would ask you to believe it.”

“Dude, don’t go all jealous on me.” Aaron said. “Dely is a great lay and all, but she is totally not worth your jealousy. She’s been around enough. I mean, I would have thought that the fact that she’s slept with pretty much every Rebel to make it to the NHL in the last four years was enough to call her a slut.”

“The fact that I have slept with them had nothing to do with the fact that they were NHL bound Aaron and you know it. And its not every one. I haven’t slept with D or Fraz or about 15 other NHL bound Rebels.” I snapped. “Your cab is on the way so get up, get dressed, and get the fuck out.”

Aaron threw me the phone. “Sidney Crosby my ass.” He snorted.

“Why on earth do you sleep with him?” Sidney demanded the minute he heard me breathing into the receiver. “Did you not hear everything he said about you?”

I shrugged. “It’s nothing I haven’t heard before Sid.” I said. “Plus he gives good head.”

“Well stop sleeping with him.” Sidney ordered me sternly. “Because I give better head and I am never, ever going to call you a slut.”

“That’s sweet sweetie.” I told him, feeling both upset and drunk. I mean, I’d always known that Aaron said things like that about me, but I’d never actually heard him saying them. “But you will eventually. They always do.”

“That’s not true Drew.” Sidney said. “I think I know you better than that by now baby.”

I shrugged. “But you don’t know my completely history Sidney. Eventually someone or several someones will want to fill you in and you’ll get enough bits and pieces that you’ll be disgusted by me and by being with me. Knowing me as well as you do, you’ll know that the one thing that I can’t handle is being called a slut, so you’ll call me that, and every other nasty name in the book.” I said with a gulping hiccupping sob. “So that I’ll break up with you. Only I won’t.”

“You won’t?” Sidney asked in surprise. “Why on earth not?”

“Because I’ll make you do it.” I told him. “I won’t let it be easy on you. I’ll make you step up and be a man and tell me exactly what you think of me, in lurid detail and then I’ll tell Dion and he’ll go head hunting the next time you’re on the ice against him, if only to avenge what’s left of my honour.”

“How can you believe this of me baby?” Sidney asked, the hurt evident in his voice. “How can you believe that I would really hate you or be disgusted over the notches in your bedpost? Fuck Drew, I’ll consider myself lucky if you weren’t disgusted over mine.”

“I can believe it because it’s five thirty in the morning.” I sniffed quietly. “I can believe it because I was just about to have sex, again, with a guy who believes it.” I sniffed again. “I can believe it because I am still drunk Sidney.”

Sidney laughed gently. He wasn’t laughing to be mean, but it was mean none the less. “Drew I love you.” He told me. “When I say that, I mean it. I wouldn’t say it otherwise.”

The tears were running down my cheeks now. “I love you too Sidney.” I said. “I just… it hurts me, waiting for the day when you’re going to realize that you really don’t love me.”

“You’ve got to have a little faith Drew.” Sidney said softly, his voice so gentle that I wanted nothing more then to stand in front of him and feel him trail a gentle hand down my cheek. “Have some faith in yourself or at least have a little faith in me.”

I sighed and sniffled. “Did you not hear the part where its quarter to six in the morning and I’m still pretty drunk?” I asked.

“I did.” Sidney said with a laugh. “And it sounds to me as if you need to sleep it off.”

“I do.” I grumbled. “But I was up having sex until three thirty so I’ve only slept for an hour and a half before Aaron woke me up and tried to go at it again and then the phone rang and I stopped him so that I could answer it.”

Sidney burst out laughing. “Let me get this straight.” He said, still laughing. “You stopped a guy who was about to have sex with you so that you could answer the phone?”

“I didn’t recognize the ring.” I told him in the most obnoxious, whiny voice. “So I reached over to see the number and I saw that it was a Rimouski area code and I answered it.”

“You wouldn’t do that if I were about to make love to you would you Drew?” He asked me softly.

“No.” I grumbled tiredly. “Because if it were you who was about to make love to me my phone would be turned off as soon as we started, if not long before that sweetie.” I paused and then added. “Plus, Aaron wasn’t about to make love to me. He was going to fuck me. There’s a difference.”

“Well that’s good to know.” Sidney said with a soft laugh. “Because I would really hate to have to destroy your cell. I know how attached you are to it.”

I sniffled. “Don’t even think about it Crosby.” I muttered. “’Cause without it, I’m not going to be able to call you ever again. Or D, or Getter or Mikey or anyone, ‘cause I don’t know anyone’s numbers.”

“You’re not enunciating Drew. You must really be wasted.” Sidney said, sounding concerned. “Go back to bed and get some sleep.”

“You aren’t mad at me are you?” I mumbled tiredly, as I curled up on the couch, wrapping a blanket around my body. “I mean, about Aaron?”

“I’m not happy about it.” He said, and I could almost see him shrugged. “But we aren’t exclusive Drew, we’ve never agreed to be exclusive while we’re so far apart. I’m not upset about the fact that you got laid, that’s cool. I didn’t exactly go it alone last night.” He admitted. “I’m not happy that you value yourself so little that you would sleep with someone who values you so little.”
He paused to take a deep breath. “You are worth so much more then that Drew. I intend on spending as much time as it takes to convince you of that.”

No comments: