Friday, March 7, 2008

I Always Knew I Would Fall in Love With You chapter 7

**Out in the kitchen**

~Sidneys Point of View~

"Sidney, what are you doing? I thought that you said that you were going to stay single for a while?!? You know that Pat is going to be really mad when he finds out that you have a girlfriend!" My dad says to me. [just so everyone knows.. Pat is the name of Sidneys agent]

"Ya Sid, your dads right... don't you think that you two are rushing things just a little bit..?" Mario asks.

"First of all dad, I know what I'm doing. Brianna and I had an amazing connection right from the moment we met. For once a girl sees me as she put it 'Sidney Crosby from Cole Harbour Nova Scotia, not Sidney "the next one" Crosby' and thats important to me. Second of all... I know I said that I was going to stay single for a while, but Bri is an amazing girl and I really like her. And finally dad I don't care if Pat gets mad because I have a girlfriend! Thats my decision not his!" I say as I can feel my face getting red because I am so mad right now. "And Mario, I understand that I haven't known her very long, but there is just something about her that I really like. I mean at first, everyone knows that I was nervous to come here, but after meeting her, I know that as long as she is around, everything is perfect."

"Well son, you know that I just want what's best for you, and if you're happy with her, then thats all that matters" My dad says as he stands up and gives me a hug.

"Your dads right Sidney, I guess that I just worry about her ever since she broke up with her last boyfriend." Mario says as he pats me on the shoulder.

"I understand that you want whats best for me, but I have been able to juggle having a girlfriend and my hockey career before, and I dont think that it will be any different now" I say walking back towards the living room with my dad and Mario.

**Back in the Living Room**

~Brianna's (aka my) POV~

"Oh great... here we go again" I mumble as the guys walk out of the room.

"Bri, what did you say?" Mrs. Lemieux asks in a semi-concerned voice

"Oh.. nothing.. I'm sorry if I've caused trouble because I said yes to Sidney when he asked me out. I really do like him and there is just something about him that I really really like" I say starting to feel like I'm going to cry again.

"Aw Bri, this isnt your fault. Ever since he moved away from home, his father and I have just been very overprotective." Mrs Crosby says as she sits down next to me and gives me a hug.

"Ya Bri, and you know that Mario treats you like you are one of his own children, so you know that he just wants whats best for you" Mrs Lemieux says as she also sits down next to me and gives me a hug.

"I guess you're both right. And Mrs. Crosby, I just want to let you know that I would never do anything to hurt him in any way, shape or form." I say looking her straight in the eyes.

"Thank you Brianna. That really does mean a lot to Sidneys father and I because we love him and we just want whats best for him, and if hes happy then we are happy" She says giving me a smile. Just as Mrs. Crosby says that Mr. Crosby, Mario and Sidney come back into the living room.

"Well... Its been a long day and I think that I'm going to go to bed" Mario says. All of the adults agree and they tell Sidney and I goodnight.

Once I know that they are out of sight, I say to Sidney, "Are your dad and Mario mad that you have a girlfriend?"

"What?.. No hun of course not. They just wanted to make sure that we aren't rushing into things and that I am prepared to tell my agent Pat that I have a girlfriend" He says pulling me onto his lap and gently kissing me on the lips.

"Okay... Just checking because I really do like you, and I am soo happy that I am your girlfriend" I say giving him a quick kiss.

"Well... I was wondering if we could talk about that part.." Sidney says turning me so that he is looking me straight in the eyes.

No comments: