Friday, March 7, 2008

I Always Knew I Would Fall in Love With You chapter 9

"Brianna Grace Malone!... You need to tell you're parents." Nathalie says in an angrier tone of voice.

"Okay Okay I will..." I say

"Alright then.. Why don't you call them right now and tell them"

"Aww geeze Mrs. Lemieux.. can't I wait until after breakfast?"

"No Brianna. Call them now while its just me and you down here" she says handing me the phone.

"Fine... you win" I say dialing my home phone number


"Hello?" I hear my dad say on the other end.

"Hi dad its me"

"Oh Hi Brianna. Hows it going?"

"Everythings great!... um.. is mom near a phone because I have something to tell you and i wanna tell both of you at the same time"

"Shes in the living room, let me go get her"

"Alright" I reply
a few seconds later..."Hi Brianna. Your dad said that you have something that you want to tell us?" I hear my mom say.

"Ya I do.. um.. So you know how I said that I was never going to date another hockey player and I was going to stay single for a while?"

"Ya" both of my parents say.

"Well... Um... That plan didn't work too well 'cause, I um.. kinda have a boyfriend as of last night"

"Who could you possibly be dating thats a hockey player?" My mom asks.

"Sidney" I reply

"Sidney? You mean Sidney as in Sidney Crosby?!?" My dad says.

"Ya... That would be the Sidney that I am talking about. He asked me out last night." I say.

"But Bri, honey, you havent known him long enough...I mean are you sure that you are ready for another relationship?" My dad asks

"Ya Brianna, are you sure about this" My mom adds in.

"Yes mom and dad. I am very sure. There is just something about him that I really really like. He is such a sweetheart and hes not like other hockey players that I've met. He loves the fact that he is a professional hockey player, but he doesnt brag about it like most guys do" I said

"Well.. What do his parents have to say about this?" My mom asks.

"His parents agreed that as long as we are happy, then they are happy"

"I agree. Brianna your mom and I just dont want you to get hurt like you did before honey." My dad says.

"Don't worry mom and dad, Sidney is different. But I gotta go help Mrs. Lemieux finish getting breakfast ready. I'll see you at 1:30 okay?"

"Ya We'll see you then sweetie" My dad says

"See ya at 1:30" My mom adds

"Bye" I say and then I hang up the phone...


"Well?.." Nathalie asks as I hang up the phone.

"Well... they asked me if I was sure that I was ready for a relationship and I told them that I was, and they also asked me about what Sidneys parents thought and I told them what his mom and dad said last night" I told her

"So they are okay with you and Sidney dating?" she asks

"Yep" I said with a smile as I start getting the fruit out of the fridge. A few seconds after that Sidney, his parents and Mario all walk into the kitchen. Mr. Crosby and Mario sat down at the kitchen table and start to read the sports section. Mrs. Crosby checks on the muffins. And Sidney sneaks up behind me, puts his arms around my waist and kisses me on the cheek.

"Hi sweetie!" He says in a bubbly mood.

"Hey hun!" I reply in the same bubbly mood.

"So... Did you miss me?!?" He asks with a super cheesy grin on his face.

"Oh of course I did" I say in a sarcastic tone of voice and then I give him a quick kiss.

"Good! 'cause I missed you" he says giving me another quick kiss.

"Look at how cute they look together" I hear Mrs. Crosby say to Mrs. Lemieux.

"Well.. I'm gonna go sit down with my dad and Mario and wait to read the sports 'til you come over" Sidney says giving me a hug.

"Aww thanks Sid! I should only be over here for a few more minutes." I say hugging him back. As Sidney walks over and sits down at the kitchen table Austin, Alexa and Taylor all stumble into the kitchen. Alexa asks, "Bri... how long until breakfast is ready? I'm hungry"

"Well.. I'd say about 15 minutes. Why don't you go and Taylor find out what everyone wants to drink?" I reply.

"Alright! We can do that!" Alexa says in an excited tone of voice. A few minutes later I walk over to where Sidney is sitting so that I can read the sports section. He pulls me on his lap and we start reading. After we read the sports section I go over to the oven, take the muffins out and then everyone goes into the dining room. During breakfast Sidney asked his parents if he could come to the Pirate games with me, Ryan, and Abby, and they said that he could go. Once breakfast was over, I helped clean up the dishes and then I got ready to leave for the party at my house. I did Alexa and Taylors hair, and then I went into the room that all of my stuff was in so that I could straighten my hair. As the straightener was heating up I heard someone knock on the door.

"Come In!" I said

"Heyy its me." Sidney says walking into the room

"Hi hun! Whats up?" I say sitting down on the bed as Sidney does the same thing.

"Um.. well.. I'm nervous" he mumbles.

"Nervous? Why are you nervous?" I ask holding his hand

"Well.. I'm meeting your parents and little brother for the first time... And I mean I know that it shouldn't be a big deal since you already met my parents and sister... but I just cant help it.. I'm really nervous" He says holding my hand tight.

"Sidney sweetie, you have nothing to be nervous about, my parents are gonna love you!" I reply giving him a reassuring look.

"You're right Brianna, I'm sorry that I acted so stupid about that."

"Sid, you dont need to be sorry...I understand that you're nervous, but I'll be there with you"

"I know, thanks hun, I'm gonna go finish getting ready." He says standing up and pulling me up into his arms.

"You're welcome Sidney." I say with a smile and then kissing him.

No comments: