Friday, March 7, 2008

I Always Knew I Would Fall in Love With You chapter 5

**Lemieux's Living Room**
Sidney and I are sitting on the couch talking when my phone starts going off....
"Sorry Sid, but its Ryan... and he never calls me unless its important... I gotta take this"
"Its cool... go ahead"
As I get up and walk into the kichen I finally answer my phone...
"Hello?" I say in a semi-angry tone
"Heyy.. whats wrong with you?" Ryan asks me
"Nothing Ryan... whats up?"
"So um... did you figure out who you are taking to the Pirate games this week?"
"Oh crap! I forgot about that.... I don't know yet...I think I might ask Sid"
"Sid who?..."
"Sidney Crosby of course... He is my boyfriend after all"
" Oh okay...Wait a minute... you've known him for how long? 5 hours and he's already your boyfriend?!? What is wrong with you?!? You dont even know him that well and you're dating him!"
"Ya Ryan I am dating him! He is a great guy and who cares if I have only known him for 5 hours?!? Its my decision not yours!... geeze Ryan I thought that you of all people would be happy for me but I guess not!.." After that there is a few second pause followed by me saying, "I have to go... Sidney is in the living room waiting" I say slaming my phone shut as I feel the tears coming.... "Why cant he be happy for me?" I think to myself as the tears start rolling down my face. After wiping the tears way I walk back into the living room. Sidney is sitting there with a concerned look on his face...
"Heyy... what was that all about?" He asks as I sit down the couch and he puts his arm around me.
"My cousin Ryan was being a jerk... He was like 'how could you possibly like someone after only knowing them for 5 hours' and I told him that its my decision not his, and he should be happy for me... I'm soo sorry that you had to hear that Sid" I say as I start to cry again
"Hey dont cry hun." He says pulling me onto his lap and wrapping his arms around me. "Bri, I wouldnt have asked you to be my girlfriend if I didnt like you, and if you didnt feel the same way then you wouldnt have said yes. I know that you are close with your cousin and all, but who cares... if we are happy then thats all that matters"
"You're right Sidney... It's just that Ryan is like a brother to me" I say resting my head on his shoulder...
"Hey Bri?"
"Ya Sidney?" I say looking up into those big brown eyes of his
"You do wanna be my girlfriend right?"
"Of course I do!.... Ryan is just being overprotective like he always is since I just had a bad breakup last month..."
"Oh...I understand...If you dont mind telling me... what happened?"
"Ya... See I was dating this kid for a year. He plays hockey for a travel team and at one of the out-of-state tournaments he was at... he went to a party and hooked up with a girl...and the worst part was he just acted like nothing ever happened and I had to find out by looking at his myspace and it had pics of him from that tournament making out with some chick"
"Oh Bri... I'm so sorry." Sidney says hugging me
"Its okay... I was stupid for ever dating him...We were friends and I knew that he made out with other girls when he was out of town...but I did like him, and when he asked me out I said yes... Things were great at first and then that happened...so after we broke up I told Ryan that I was never dating another hockey player ever again... so thats why he was being so judgemental..."
"Wait... you said that you were never dating another hockey player ever again...if thats true...then why did you say that you would be my girlfriend?.." He asks with a sad/concerned look on his face
"Because Sidney, I don't see you as 'Sidney "the next one" Crosby, I see you as 'Sidney Crosby from Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia' who is sweet and an amazing person who just happens to play hockey" I say kissing him on the cheek.
"Ok. Now that makes a little more sense..." After a few second pause, Sidney says, "Sorry for changing the subject... but why did Ryan call you anyway?"
"Oh... um we have tickets to the Pirate games on Wednesday and Thursday, and he wanted to know who I was taking and I said that I was going to ask you if you wanted to come with us, and thats when the whole fight started.... So.. Wednesdays game is at 12:35 and Thursdays game starts at 7:05... neither one are on tv so you wouldnt have to worry about that part... do you wanna come with me?" I say giving him the"puppy dog pout"
"Bri, I would love to, but I have to check with my parents first..." He says giving me a quick kiss.
"Good because I really want Ryan to meet you... I mean you two are going to be teammates after all."
"Ya, I definatly wanna go... I mean I dont think I have anything going on Wednesday and I know that I have some rookie lunch thing Thursday... but Mario said that will be over by 3." After he says that... we start watching Miracle and about 45 minutes into the movie I fell asleep in his arms with my head on his shoulder...

No comments: