Monday, March 3, 2008

Chapter 6 - Wait for You

Saturday. Game day, again. It began as they all did – a run on the treadmill. Shower. Breakfast. Scout. Batting Practice. Nap. Training Room. Load Bus. There were no flowers today. I felt really good about the game. My head was surprisingly clear. I was really focused and ready to play.

We scored four in the top of the seventh thanks to a grand slam from Janet McKalen, and I struck out 15 as we won 4-0. We were one win away from advancing to the championship series! After the game I did my usual media interviews before heading to the bus to see my family and hopefully Sidney.

“There she is,” I heard Jen say as I turned the corner and headed towards them.
He was there. It made me smile to see him.

“Hi.”

Dad leaned in to kiss me on the cheek and said, “Great game, sweetheart.”

“Thanks. One more win.”

My mom hugged me despite the state I was in. She’ll complain to my dad later about I smell and how sweaty I am.

Sidney stood behind them and blew me a kiss. It made me blush, and Jen knew he had done something. I don’t think my parents had a clue, but she knew.

I said my goodbyes and got on the bus. I really had to get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow was a big day – pretty much like every day from here on out.

We had just pulled out of the parking lot when I got a text message on my cell. It read – Have to hear ur voice. Call me at this # when u get back. Sc.

I smiled. Despite my attempt at being so hard-nosed right now, I had a soft spot, and he was it. I wrote back, After shower, I’ll call. What made me disappointed was I really wanted to see him when I got back but it was already past curfew, so there was no way I could see him.

I got out of the shower and put my pajamas on, crawled in bed and dialed Sidney’s number. He was either staring at his phone waiting on me to call or he’s quick with answering because he picked it up almost immediately.

“Hey,” he said.

“Hi yourself.”

“You were great out there tonight. “

“Thanks. Let’s just hope we keep it up.”

“I have faith in all of you.”

“Well, I appreciate that.”

“I’m not going to keep you long. I know you have to get some sleep, but I just needed to hear your voice.”

I giggled on the other end which prompted his next response.

“I wish I was holding you right now.”

“Sidney…”

“I know, Katie. I’m sorry. I can’t help it. You excite me, and I’m aching to kiss you again.”

“Shush. You’re making me squirm.”

“Oh am I now?” He said rather devilishly. “I bet I can make you squirm some more. If you knew what I wanted to do to you, I bet I could make you do more than just squirm.”

“Sidney…” I ached his name out of my mouth. The sound of his voice, the thought of what he was thinking and the emotion running through my body was too much.

“Let go, Katie. Just let go. You are amazingly sexy and there’s a prowess under that cover of yours. Let me explore and find everything there is to know about you.”

“Sid, I…I…I have to go to bed.” I choked. I wanted to bang my head on the wall for saying that. I was on the verge of telling him to get down here and have his way with me, but I was chicken.

“Katie, just think about it. I don’t want to push you into anything you don’t want, but I want you to know that I’m waiting not-so-patiently to get some alone time with you again. You’re all I’m thinking about, and I’m hurting when I see you and I’m not able to touch.”

“I will, Sid. I promise.”

“Well, get your sleep. I’ll talk to you tomorrow. You have my cell number so call or text if you want.”

“Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind. Sweet dreams, Sidney.”

“Sweet dreams, Katie. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

No comments: