Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Chapter 13 - Wait for You

I just stared at him. I must have had the most peculiar expression on my face because he just kissed me on the forehead and said, “I’m not propositioning anything. I would enjoy your company.”

He had charm. But, I wasn’t for sure if staying with him was the right thing to do.

“Sidney, I…I…”

“Katie, I was just hoping to spend a little more time with you before we leave in the morning.”

I looked at him and smiled. “Ok.”

He smiled back. “Great.”

“If it’s ok with you, I think I’ll bring my stuff so I don’t have to come back up here in the morning. No offense, but I would hate to run into someone and try to explain myself.”

“That’s quite alright. You do what you need to. Do you need me to take anything for you?”

“No, thanks. I can handle it. I’ll be down in 30 minutes or so, ok?”

“Ok. I’ll see you at 217 in 30 minutes.”

He kissed me on the forehead again before heading out the door.

I jumped in the shower and put my most conservative pajamas on. I had never done this before. Part of me was wondering why I was letting my guard down, and then I thought about what Jen and I had talked about. Sharing a bed with someone didn’t constitute being a letdown. It didn’t mean I was a tramp.

I brushed my teeth, scrubbed my face and dried my hair before packing everything up. I put my clothes and everything I would need in the morning on top in my bag, packed up my computer, threw on a sweatshirt and my flip-flops before heading down to the second floor.

Two minutes later I was knocking on his door. He opened it with a towel in hand and looking exceptionally gorgeous in a white t-shirt and black mesh shorts. I wonder if he knew how sheer that t-shirt was or how amazing his legs were. There was a rock in front of me – his hard, chiseled body stood out so much, and it made me ache. I’d been around athletes – male athletes at that – but I’d never put so much stock into someone’s body as I did this one.

He’d just gotten out of the shower as well, as evident by the towel and his wet locks.

“Hi,” I said ever so quietly and smiling.

“Hi, come on in.”

He took my bag and put in on a luggage rack, and I walked in the room and was in awe. He was on the end in probably the nicest room in the whole place. We were in the sitting area and to the left giant dark wooden doors opened to the bathroom and bedroom. Just off the sitting area was a balcony with a gorgeous view of the downtown skyline. I put my computer bag down and went to the balcony, opened the door and stood outside and admired the view.

“This is gorgeous!” I yelled back to him. He had ducked back into the bathroom and emerged vigorously brushing his teeth. He just smiled and disappeared again. I turned back to the view and saw a few places we had visited earlier in the day.

I didn’t hear him come out of the bathroom or hear him sneak up behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, causing my body to loosen up immediately. He didn’t say a word; he just rested his head next to mine. I allowed my arms to wrap around his, and we stood there for what seemed like an eternity just holding each other.

I just sighed because I for once, felt comfortable. I didn’t feel like I had to get mad at myself for stepping outside of my comfort zone. I didn’t feel like I was compromising my beliefs. I didn’t feel pressured to do something I didn’t want to. I just felt his warmth next to mine, and I was melting.

He excited me, and then it hit me how to really knock his socks off. He’d been the one doing all the surprising; now it was my turn to get in on the game. I took his hand and led him back to the bedroom and stood face-to-face with him at the edge of the bed. I thought back to the text message I had sent him nights earlier and now I never got to act on it.

Then I just reached up and started to lift his shirt over his head. I could see it in his eyes – the surprise and curiosity of what I was doing. When it was off and on the floor I took my hands and ran them down his chest, palm side down before pushing him to the bed. He was so amazingly gorgeous and hot. I didn’t know how long I could hold out. His eyes said it all, and I was gave him a grin, straddled him and whispered in his ear, “This is more like what I had in mind the other night.”

He moaned as I started with his neck and worked my way down to his shoulder, leaving a trail of light kisses along the way. His hands wrapped around my back and moved up and down trying desperately to get my sweatshirt off. He succeeded moments later, but before I let him get further, I really wanted to change his thoughts about my anxiety. I continued kissing him, but this time I found his chest. It was so smooth and rock hard. He was a well-built machine that I’m sure was pretty well-oiled, too. I put butterfly kisses along the top and looked up at him before I started leaving a trail all the way down to his belly button.

As I got lower, his breathing picked up. I took my hands and just ran them around his sides and up again. When I kissed him right where his appendix was, he took his hands put them in my hair and said, “Katie, baby, please let me have you.”

I just lifted my head, looked back up at him and gave him my own devilish grin. He wasn’t the only would that could push buttons. I was going lower, probably not as low as he wanted, but low enough he knew it’d be a huge step for me. I let me tongue find the trail along his waistband and as if he hadn’t been hard since I kissed him the first time, he was now. It was definitely easy to notice in the shorts he was wearing. I started back up only to have him wrap his arms underneath me and spin me so he was on top now. Not exactly what I had planned, but I was interested to see how he responded.

He pushed me up so he could put his entire body on top of me and leaned down to whisper harshly, “You feel that, Katie? You feel how hard I get for you? Do you know I had to get myself off before you got here because that’s what you do to me?”

He pushed his hips into mine and it made me moan to feel him beneath me. I just looked back up at him and responded, “Why don’t you tell me what you want to do me, and we’ll see about compromising, ok?”

He just smiled. “Well, the one thing I want right now is to be inside you, but since that’s not going to happen, let’s see if I can get you off by telling you in rather explicit detail what I’m going to do to you one day.”

“Bring it,” I said so sultry, hoping it would aid him.

He leaned down and whispered, “I want to make love too you, Katie. I want to make love to you in the bed, on the chair, on the balcony and on the couch.” Wow. This was a side of Sidney Crosby I never thought I’d see. Jen wasn’t kidding when she said he had a dark side.

“I want to make you scream my name. I want to make you beg for me. I want to satisfy you on every level.” He kept going, and I just closed my eyes. The emotion running through me was unexplainable. A few minutes later I was over the top.

“Sidney! Please!”

“No, baby. Not tonight. Tonight, I get to hold you. Be patient. We’ll have our day.”

I was breathing so heavy, and I had never felt anything like this before. He kissed me on the nose and looked at me and said, “I’ll be back. I’ve got a little problem to take care of.” And with that, he jumped up and left the room. I just laid there thinking what have I done? Then, I smiled. I had done something I never thought I would, and it felt great. We connected so well on a physical level, and that was evident. The bigger question that remained was whether or not we connected on an emotional level.

I was still laying there when he came back in the room.

“If I didn’t know better, I’d take your clothes off and have my way with you.”

I sat up. He was still shirtless; his face flushed and his lips full. “If you had asked that five minutes ago, you would have probably gotten your way.”

He came and sat down next to me and took my hands in his. Looking me in the eyes, he said, “Katie, I’m physically attracted to you. I think you’re gorgeous. And, what you did tonight took so much courage. I’m amazed by you. And, it felt so good. I wasn’t lying about what I want to do to you, but that’s just a small aspect of the good things that can happen in this relationship.”

He said that word. Relationship. Is that where we were heading? I didn’t have a problem with that, but we’d met less than a week ago.

“Sidney, I can’t make promises because I don’t know what the summer holds, but just know I really will try to stay in touch. It may take a couple of days for me to get back to you, but I’ll try.”

He kissed me on the forehead. “I know you will. I can’t promise that I’ll be patient, but I’ll try. Now, what’s with this?” He was pointing at my pajamas.

"Pajamas.”

“Uh huh. You found the most conservative soft clothes you had. You were hoping that you could hide or keep me from noticing.”

“I’m a conservative person!”

“You might be, but I don’t think this is your style at all. I challenge you to change into one of my t-shirts right here in front of me.”

Another hurdle. He was good. Conservative Kate would refuse. Recent college graduate Kate – well, she looked up at him and said, “I’ll do it.” Then I bit my lip. I forgot I was wearing black underwear. Black Victoria Secret definitely not your grandmother’s type of underwear. No turning back now. He went to the dresser and pulled out a t-shirt, sat down on the bed and motioned at me. If he couldn’t have sex with me; he was certainly going to enjoy all he could. I was going to make it worth his while. The shirt came off first followed by the pants. Then, I just stood there with my hands on my hips.

His eyes spoke volumes. “Wow. Amazing. Can I touch?”

“Only if you’ll be good.”

I got my answer when he reached out and ran his hands down my sides and across my stomach. “So smooth. So gorgeous. I gotta stop. Put this on before I have another problem.”

I took the t-shirt and put it on.

“Much better. You don’t look so innocent now.”

I just smiled at him. Somehow we ended up talking about our lives. We talked until we could hardly stay awake. We both had early mornings. I had never shared a bed with someone, but the minute his arms wrapped around my waist, I knew I wouldn’t have a problem sleeping. I was content, safe and little did he know completely unsatisfied. I wanted him. I wanted everything he wanted, but the timing just wasn’t right.

No comments: