Saturday, March 8, 2008

I Always Knew I Would Fall in Love With You chapter 14

"Where are you two going?" Mario asks as he walks out of the room where all of the dads are playing pool.

"Panera.." I say.

"Who's car are you taking?" My dad asks.

"Mine why?" I ask.

"Just wondering." My dad answers.

"Well... were gonna go." I say as Sidney and I walk out to the garage.

"Nice" Sidney says looking at my silver 2004 Jetta.

"Thanks it was a 16th birthday present last year from the guys" I say as I walk over to the drivers side.

"The guys?" Sidney asks with a confused look on his face

"Ya a bunch of the hockey players that I know got me a car for my 16th birthday." I say as I get in the car.

"Like who?" Sidney asks as he gets into the passengers side.

"Like Ryan and most of the guys from the Wilkes-Barre Scranton team that I have known for a year or more." I say as I pull out of the garage.

"Oh, so like guys that you are friends with..." Sidney says.

"Yep"

"Did you know that you we're getting a car... or was it a surprise?" Sidney asks.

"It was a complete surprise. the baby Penguins had a game on the 7th and then they didnt have another game til the 11th so their coach gave them the 9th off so the guys surprised me by coming up to Pittsburgh for my birthday since I didnt have school that day and the Penguins didnt play on my birthday either so a bunch of them came barging into my room at like 9am to wake me up and then Ryan showed up with the car a few minutes later with a big red bow on top of it."

"I bet you were in shock when you saw that car."

"Ya I was like 'oh my gosh! I can't believe that you guys actually got me the car that i wanted!!!' because I had been joking around with them for a few weeks telling them that I would never talk to them again if I didnt get a Jetta for my birthday." I say.

"Well I guess that they didnt want that so they figured they should get me the car."

"Ya so that day like 6 of them took me to get my permit, I passed the test and when I got home they threw me a surprise party."

"Wow, they must really like you Bri." Sidney says.

"I guess so" I say with a smile as I pull into a spot in the Panera parking lot. "Well we're here..." I say as I turn off the car.

"So what exactly are we getting?" Sidney asks as we walk towards the front door.

"Um 6 plain bagels, 6 of whatever we decide and 2 containers of their cream cheese." I say as Sidney holds the door open for me.

No comments: