Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Part 11 - Nobody's Perfect

Sidney had to stop and sign a few autographs and shake a few hands when we entered the hotel, and so he sighed with relief when he was finally able to let himself into my room. “Finally.” He muttered, flinging himself down onto the bed.

I giggled, kicking off my shoes. “Tired baby?” I asked, sitting down next to him and gently stroking his hair.

“Yes.” He murmured, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my stomach through my shirt.

I stroked his hair as we sat in silence for several minutes. Leaning down I placed a soft kiss on his forehead. “God I’ve missed you.” I mumbled.

Sidney sat up and pulled me into his arms and onto his lap. “I’ve missed you too baby.” He murmured, pushing my hair to the side and kissing my neck softly.

I let him kiss me briefly. “Sid.” I whispered, leaning into him. “We can’t….”

“You always ruin my fun.” Sidney muttered, burying his face in my hair.

I chuckled. “Well if I let you have your way, I’d be naked and at your beck and call all of the time.”

“Not all the time.” He replied, looking offended. “I do enjoy your company in other ways.”

“Name one.” I said, folding my arms across my chest.

“I love the way you smell.” Sidney whispered, grabbing a handful of my hair and raising it to his nose to smell. “I love the way that you smile, and the way that you laugh.” He paused, his hand gently smoothing my hair away from my face. “I love the way that you tell me about your day, because even when its been a bad day you find something to laugh about. I love how optimistic you are. I love the fact that you aren’t afraid to bust my ass when you think that I’m wrong, and that you’re not afraid to tell me exactly what you’re thinking.”

He paused, and our eyes met. “There.” He said, with a wicked little grin. “That was at least ten things I love about you. The way I see it baby, it’s your turn.”

“My turn?” I asked. “To what?”

“Tell me all the reasons you love me.” Sidney said. “Unless of course, you only like me ‘cause I’m the phenom.”

“Didn’t your mother ever tell you that it’s not becoming to fish for compliments?” I asked, my eyebrows raised.

“Isn’t that what you were doing when you demanded to know one way that I liked spending time with you when you weren’t naked?” Sidney asked me with a grin. “Besides, I’ve never even SEEN you naked. For all I know, it might be disappointing.”

I stuck my tongue out at him. “Ass.” I muttered.

“I prefer yours.” Sidney replied quickly, pinching mine.

I snuggled closer to him, kissing him softly on the cheek as his arms tightened around me. “Fine.” I gave in. “I love the way that you smile.” I told him. “I love the way that you like to make me smile. I love that you make sure to call me every night, even if it is at 5:30 in the morning. I love how you can make me shiver with just the sound of your voice. I love the way that you deal with all the pressure, with a friendly smile and a handshake. I love the way that you’re nice to everyone, even the teenage girls who want to rip your clothing off. I love the way that you don’t let them.”

I paused, taking a deep breath. “Is that good enough?”

“Definitely.” Sidney mumbled as he lowered his lips to mine.

I let him kiss me briefly. I couldn’t let this get too far, and I couldn’t let either of us get out of control, and that was exactly what was going to happen if I sat here on his lap kissing him for much longer. I could feel him, hard, pressed against me. He wanted me, and I wanted him, and no good was going to come of this.

His tongue twined with mine, and I moaned slightly as his hands slid up the side of my body, putting slight pressure on the sides of my breasts. I pressed myself against him… I wanted him so badly.

Apparently the feeling was mutual. Sidney moaned as I pressed myself against him and with a growl, he flipped me down onto the bed and covered my body with his. “God I want you…” He muttered ferociously as his lips met mine again.

The sound of his voice more than anything, brought me back down to earth. Panting, I pushed him away. “Sidney…” I whispered, my lips bruised and swollen from his kisses.

Sidney raked his fingers through his hair. “I know.” He muttered, flopping on his back on the bed next to me. “We can’t.”

I reached down and twined my fingers with his. “It’s not that I don’t want to, but I’ve already crossed a major line here. If you lived in Alberta my teaching license would be long gone by now.”

Sidney grinned wolfishly. “Good thing I’m not from Alberta then huh?”

“Very good.” I replied. “But it will be even better when you’re out of high school and you’ve turned 18.”

“Is that a promise or a threat?” Sid asked.

“A little bit of both.” I told him with a shrug. “Depends on what you want it to be Crosby.”

“I like the sounds of that.” Sidney said with a wolfish grin.

“I knew you would.” I replied as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. “I like how it sounds too Crosby.”

“God, I never knew that I could miss one person so damned much.” He muttered, dropping a quick kiss on my forehead.

I rolled my eyes. “You never knew you could miss one girl this much Crosby.” I said with a wry smile. “Be honest now honey.”

He stuck his tongue out at me with a smile. “Fine.” He said petulantly. “I never knew that I could miss one girl so damned much.” He paused. “Better?” He asked.

“Yes.” I replied with a bit of a giggle.

We lay, cuddle together for awhile, relishing in each other’s presence. We hadn’t been together since January, and it occurred to me, as I lay there, my head on his chest, listening to his heart beat, with his hand stroking my hair, that we needed each other.

This… thing, between us, it wasn’t just because we wanted to sleep together. It wasn’t about sappy teenage love that comes from lust. Sidney and I needed each other. We just weren’t as strong without each other. We weren’t complete without each other, being here with him now… well everything that hadn’t made sense since January suddenly made all kinds of sense.

I sighed. Any decision I had to make about next year, it was decided as I lay there, cuddled with him. “You okay baby?” Sidney murmured when he heard me sigh, his hand still stroking my hair softly.

“I know you’re trying to think only about the Memorial Cup and all Sid, but I have to ask… not that you have to answer.” I added quickly.

“Have to ask what?” He asked, sounding tired.

“You’re tired aren’t you?” I replied, even though that totally wasn’t the question that I was going to ask him.

“Very.” He murmured.

I sighed again. I didn’t want to get in with this future shit with him now. Not if he was as tired as he sounded. “You’ve had a tough schedule lately.” I said, my handing smoothing his shirt over his chest.

Sidney reached with his free hand (the one that wasn’t stroking my hair) and pulled my hand off his chest, kissing the palm. “If you don’t stop touching me baby, I’m going to have you flat on your back with your pants off before you realize what’s going on.”

“That sounds interesting.” I murmured as I removed my hand. “But it will have to wait until you’re 18.”

Sidney shook his head. “The way you harp on that, you’d think my parents were going to charge you with statutory rape.” He muttered, clearly frustrated. “They haven’t charged any of the girls I’ve fucked and some of them have been older than you are Drew.”

His language and tone pissed me off. I pulled away from him and sat up angrily. “You know Crosby, you prattle on and on about love and shit, but you keep putting me in an awkward situation.”

“What awkward situation?” Sidney asked, sitting up straight, his arm coming around my shoulders.

“You tell me that you love me.” I snapped.

“Well I do love you baby… that’s the truth.” Sidney said, looking adorably confused.

“No you don’t.” I snapped angrily.

Sid’s arm dropped from around my shoulders and he ran his fingers through his hair, clearly irritated. “How the fuck can you say that baby?” He asked. “I love you. We were just talking about why we love each other and now you say that I don’t love you… what the fuck is up with that?”

I stood, feeling at a slight disadvantage as he towered over me on the bed. “If you really loved me….” I snapped irritated. “If you really loved me, you wouldn’t keep trying to put me in a situation where I could be charged with a crime. You don’t do things like that to people that you really love.”

Sid shook his head with a chuckle. “I’m serious.” I snapped, slightly offended.

“Baby, I love you and I know that my parents are never going to charge you with anything.” He said with a smile. He grabbed me around the waist and pulled me on top of him. “Now come here.” He growled.

I fell on top of him, straddling him, our bodies pressed tightly together as his lips met mine. His hand pushed on my lower back, molding my curves against his body. He was hard and well muscled. I loved it and I relished the feel of his lips on mine.

I wound my fingers in his hair pulling him closer as I do so. His hand came around and grabbed my ass. I moaned slightly and broke the kiss, leaning down to bite on his earlobe. “Bad Crosby. Bad.” I admonished him.

“You know you love me.” Sidney whispered, his voice low and dangerous as his lips made short work of my neck.

I rose and fell slightly against him, grinning as he groaned. When his hands came off of my ass, and started to lift my shirt, I knew that we had to stop, or Sid would have me naked on my back before I knew what as happening.

Sliding my hands up and down his chest, I grabbed his hands. “No way sweetie. You aren’t 18 yet.”

Sidney pouted. “But I’m horny.” He whined. “And it’s all your fault. You did this to me.”

I was tempted, believe me. But I resisted, climbing off his lap and cuddling up to him. “I love you Crosby.” I told him softly, burying my face in his chest.

Dropping a quick kiss on my forehead, Sidney’s voice was gentle. “I love you too Drew. God do I love you.”

No comments: