Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Girl Next Door Chapter 63

So, on their long walk, Sidney showed Kate a lot of places, and she met a few of his families’ friends, as well as some of the people he grew up with. Everyone was really nice, and Kate could tell how comfortable Sidney was here.
“You are so much more comfortable here, I can just tell,” Kate said as they walked hand-in-hand.
“Its home,” he replied. “No one here is going to report on who I’m with or what I’m doing, it’s just different here. I’m not Sidney Crosby, the NHLer here; I’m Sidney Crosby, the kid that grew up down the street. I like that.”
“I like it here, it’s so nice and quiet, everyone’s so down to earth and nice. I can see why you love it so much.”
Sidney just smiled in response.
“So, I called my trainer, and I’m taking tomorrow off,” he said as they walked up to his house.
“Wait, Sidney Crosby, taking a day off?” Kate mocked shock.
“I haven’t in a long time, and I want you to meet some of my friends tomorrow. You’ll like them.”
“Sounds good to me,” Kate replied, smiling up at Sidney.
They went into his house through the garage, and went into the basement.
“So, this is the legendary basement, huh?” Kate said, taking it all in.
“This is it,” he replied, picking up a stick off the ground. “Want to shoot?”
“Sure,” Kate replied, taking the stick from him. She lined up a few pucks, and took some shots. All but one went into the net; one went wide left and sure enough, it hit the new dryer Sidney had bought for his mom. Luckily, there were already some other dents in it.
“Don’t sweat it; those were caused by me. At least the knobs haven’t broken off yet,” Sidney laughed. Sidney took a few shots as well, and then they headed upstairs and watched television with the rest of the family. One by one, Trina, Troy, and Taylor all went to bed, leaving Sidney and Kate alone. They didn’t do anything though; they just cuddled up on the couch and watched for awhile. Around midnight, Kate said that she was tired and heading to bed, so Sidney decided to go to bed then too. Kate went into her room and changed, and then headed out to the bathroom in the hallway with everything she needed. As she was taking out her contacts, she heard a knock on the door, and opened it up.
“Have to brush my teeth,” he said, coming into the bathroom.
“I would hope so,” Kate laughed as she put her glasses on.
They both brushed their teeth, and once they were done, they left the bathroom, and Sidney grabbed her hand and led her to his room.
“Your parents are right down the hall!” she whispered as he shut the door.
“Oh, I’m well aware,” he replied, turning down the sheets on his bed. He motioned for her to come to the bed.
“I’ll stay, but just for a little bit,” Kate said as she lay down on the bed next to him. He pulled her close, and as they faced each other, they kissed. They laid there for awhile, just kissing, and then when they stopped, Kate rolled onto her other side, and snuggled up next to Sidney as he wrapped his arm protectively around her waist.
The next thing Kate knew, it was five in the morning. Realizing she was still with Sidney, she lifted his arm up off of her waist, and got up out of bed. Sidney stirred, but didn’t wake up. She snuck back into her room, and slept until nine, when she heard a little knock on the door.

No comments: