Sunday, May 4, 2008

From the brink of Disaster to Paradise - Day Fifteen - Moving On

How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life (Natalie Grant-Held)

Things are starting to look up. Though I think about my baby every day, I am starting to move on. I just got a job as a nurse in the nursery at the hospital. On my break I slowly walk through the garden, reflecting on all that had happened. I remember 9 months ago, telling my parents that I was going to be a mommy. They freaked and pretty much disowned me. I was left to finish my semester at UNC with no financial support. My boyfriend wanted nothing to do with me. In fact he wanted me to get an abortion but I refused. He even threatened to take me himself. I was scared but I knew I needed this baby as much as it needed me. I placed a restraining order against him. Lot of good that did me.

This job is hard. Seeing new mothers with their babies makes me wish even more that I still had mine. It’s hard but I know God as a plan for me. As long as I believe in him and do my share of the work I know he will provide.

No comments: