Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Always Knew I Would Fall in Love With You chapter 29

So the next day Sidney picked me up at 10:30 sharp and we made our way to PNC Park, we decided to park right behind home plate that way a lot of people would notice Sidney on our way in. Once we were in the ball park, Sidney asked me were we would be sitting and he also asked where we were supposed to be meeting Ryan and Abby, so I told him that we were just meeting them at our seats (which were right behind the Pirates dugout.) When we got to the section that we were going to be sitting in, I saw Ryan and Abby already there and they were talking to some other people, but I couldn't tell who it was because they had their backs facing Sidney and I.

"Hmm...I dont remember Ryan saying that other people were coming to the game with us." I say as Sidney and I walk closer to our seats.

"Well I wouldn't know if he invited anyone else either hun." Sidney says as we walk towards Ryan, Abby and the group of guys. As we get closer to the group, I notice the goofy laugh of one of the guys and I just cant help myself. "OH MY GOSH!!! CHEESE HEAD!! What are you doing here?" I say with an excited tone jumping into Colby Armstrong's arms and totally not noticing the other people standing there. "Well.. we wanted to surprise you." Colby says putting me down.

"Aahh! Ry, Brooksy, Robo, Maffy, Max, Noah and Matty! I can't believe you guys are here!" I say hugging my friends Ryan Whitney, Brooks Orpik, Darcy Robinson, Marc-Andre Fleury, Max Talbot, Noah Welch and Matt Murley. "Well Training Camp starts in a week or so for some of us and like Army said, we thought we would surprise you." Brooks says.

"Well it sure is one hell of a surprise!" I say with a huge smile on my face. "Oh geeze I'm sorry sweetie." I say turning to Sidney. "I almost forgot to introduce you to everyone." I say taking his hand. "Sidney, do you care if I say that your my boyfriend? I mean they are gonna be your teammates.." I whisper. Sidney just nods his head and tells me that its fine for me to tell them that were dating so I semi-yell (you know the kinda voice that you use to get someones attention) "Hey guys!"

"Ya Bri-Cakes" Colby answers as the guys all turn and face Sidney and I.

"This is my boy friend Sidney Crosby... Sid, this is Colby Armstrong, Ryan Whitney, Brooks Orpik, Darcy Robinson, Marc-Andre Fleury, Max Talbot, Noah Welch and Matt Murley." I say pointing to each guy as I say their name.

"Geeze Brianna, you didnt need to introduce him to me and Maffy." Max says.

"Um... yes I did... I'm introducing him to everyone..." I say with a confused look on my face.

"Actually hun... no you didnt... I played on Team Canada with Flower and Max a year ago." Sidney says with a laugh.

"Oh.. my bad.." I reply.

"It's cool.. So how long have you two been dating?" Max asks.

"Since last Friday." I say with a smile. We all continued to talk and catch up on things for another 15 minutes or so until I heard someone call my name. When I turn around I see my good friend Nate McLouth (center fielder for the Pirates) motioning for me to come see him.

"Heyy Nate-dog whats up?" I say as I get over to the gate by the dugout.

"Not much... just waiting for the game to start... and I thought I saw a pretty little brunette standing up there that looked like you... but the Brianna that I know is single and she would have told me that she was coming today." He says with a laugh.

"Sorry Nate... but I have a boyfriend and I didnt know that you were gonna be playing today..." I reply with a shrug.

"Its cool.. Now turn so I can see which players shirt you're wearing today.." He replies motioning for me to spin. "Bay... come on Bri... why not my jersey?" Nate says giving me the puppy dog pout.

"Well... I just bought this one yesterday.. and I don't own a McLouth jersey." I reply.

"Well then... I guess I'm gonna have to change that...Are you coming tomorrow too?" Nate asks.

"Ya our group is coming again tomorrow." I say motioning to everyone.

"Okay so I need to go get three jerseys..." Nate says looking at the group.

"Why three? I'm only coming to one more game genius." I question.

"Well... I know that Abby is standing up there and she will be pissed if I don't get her a jersey too so I'll get one for you to wear today and one for both of you to wear tomorrow. Wait here I'll be right back..." Nate says walking back towards the club house.

"Alright I'll be here." I say with a laugh

"Brianna who are you talking to now?" Sidney says wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Oh.. Just my friend Nate... but I have to wait here 'cause he just went to get jerseys for me and Abby." I say kissing him on the cheek.

"Geeze Bri, how many guy friends do you have?" Sidney asks as I wave to some of my Pirate friends.

"Honey, If you think this is a lot... wow... Let me just tell ya.. you ain't seen nothin' yet. Just wait til hockey season starts." I say with a laugh. Just then Nate comes back holding 3 of his extra jerseys that he is letting Abby and I borrow.

"Thanks for the jerseys!" I say giving Nate a hug. "Oh Nate, this is my boyfriend Sidney Crosby, Sid, this is my friend Nate McLouth." I say introducing Sidney to Nate. After introducing the guys to each other, Nate has to go get ready for the game so Sidney and I tell him that we will see him later. Once we get back up to our seats I put on one of the jerseys that Nate gave me and then I give one to Abby to wear for tomorrow.

No comments: