Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Always Knew I Would Fall in Love With You chapter 30

Since some of the guys came with Ryan and Abby and some of them came in a cab straight from the airport and met Ryan and Abby before the game, Sidney and I decided that would would bring three of them back with us in the Land Rover. I mean ya... Ryan has a Hummer and all, but I missed my boys and I figured that Sidney would like to catch up with Marc-Andre and Max. So Colby, Marc-Andre and Max came with us, while Darcy, Ryan, Brooks, Matt and Noah went with Ryan and Abby. Once we got back to my house we ordered pizza, because as you may or may not know, hockey players are always hungry. Since my parents and little brother were out of town (they went to Williamsport to watch the Little League World Series) I knew that I had the house to my self until Monday. So I called my parents and asked if some of the guys could just stay at our house so that I wasnt all alone and they both said that they didnt care who stayed as long as we promised not to have any parties, so I promised that we would be good and the guys were allowed to stay. Once I was done talking to them, Colby insisted that I call my grandparents and tell them to come up and join us for pizza, so since he was practically begging, I said that I would call my gram and see what they were up to.

"Hello?" My gram said answering the phone.

"Hi Gram. Its me" I reply.

"Oh hi Brianna! How was the Pirate game today?" she asked.

"Pretty good, but someone here wants to talk to you." I say putting the phone on speaker and then I hand it to Colby.

"Hi Grandma!" Colby says.

"Colby! How are ya doing kid? I've missed you!" My gram says in an excited tone.

"haha! I've been pretty good. and I've missed you too. Um Brianna and I wanted to know if you and pap wanted to come up and join all of us for dinner. We ordered pizza and I'm not taking no for an answer." Colby says.

"Oh.. Colby.. we wouldnt want to impose and besides, why would you young kids want two old people there?" My gram asks.

"Aww geeze gram! Of course we want you here! We've missed you two! Please come..." Colby begs.

"Ya gram please come! plus if you come over, you and pap can finally meet my boyfriend." I add.

"Alright, if you insist... We'll be there in 5 minutes okay?" My gram says.

"Yay! Okay see ya then!" Colby says.

"See ya then gram!" I say.

"Okay you two, see ya in a little bit." My gram says, and with that, I hang up the phone, hug Colby then kiss him on the cheek.

"What was that for?" Colby asks.

"Because you just made her day and boy is she gonna be shocked when she sees that Maffy and Max are both here." I say with a laugh.

Okay so my gram loves all of the guys like they are her own grandchildren and almost all of the younger players on the Penguins and Baby Penguins teams call her grandma because she bakes them cookies around the holidays and for their birthday, she always bakes them a cake or something like that.

"Heyy guys! Guess who's coming?" Colby says as we go out to the pool and see Max, Marc-Andre, Darcy and Matt playing chicken while the rest of the guys are having a cannon ball competition with Abby being the judge.

"Who?" Max says as Matt pushes him off of Marc-Andres shoulders and into the water.

"GRANDMA and GRANDPAP!!!" Colby cheers.

"No way! Gram and pap are coming?" Ryan M says.

"Yep! Their on their way up right now!" I say as Max and Fleury get out of the pool so that they can dry off before my gram and pap get there. Since my grandparents just live right down the road from me, I knew that they would be there in a few minutes, so I decided not to get in the water. As I predicted, a few minutes later, my gram and pap pulled in and Colby went running down to their car to greet them. Once they got up to where the pool is my gram was in shock to see all of the guys.

"Oh my gosh! I've missed you kids so much." My gram says hugging all of the guys while my pap just shakes their hands.

"We've missed you too gram!" Max says giving my gram a big hug.

"Hi Gram and Pap!" Ryan says hugging our grandparents.

"Hi sweetie! Now where is your darling little girlfriend?" My gram says looking for Abby.

"I'm right here gram." Abby says hugging my gram then my pap.

"Gram, Pap, I have someone that I wanna introduce you to." I say taking Sidneys hand and leading him towards where my grandparents are sitting. "Grammy, pappy, this is my boyfriend Sidney Crosby, Sid, these are my grandparents Dorothy and Peter."

"It's nice to finally meet you Sidney." My gram says giving him a hug. "As you heard, all of the guys just call us gram and pap, so please call me gram and call him pap."

"It's nice to meet you too. Everyone has told me a lot about you two." Sidney says.

"Nice to meet you Sidney." My pap says shaking his hand. After the introductions are over, the pizza guy pulls in, so Abby and I go down pay the guy and get our food and bring it to my back porch where all the guys are sitting around laughing at a story that my gram is apparently telling about me. After everyone eats, my gram tells a few more stories so that the guys food can digest before they go back into the pool. About 15 minutes or so after we eat, we all decide to go have a cannon ball contest with my grandparents being the judges. Colby somehow won the contest and Brooks came in second. Then we did the smallest splash contest and Abby and I both won that because we were of course the two smallest ones there. At around 8:30pm my grandparents decided to leave. Once they left, we all just decided to go play wiffleball. Since Abby and I were the only two girls they made us captains. My team consisted of me, Sidney (of course), Ryan Whitney, Noah Welch, Max and Darcy, and the other team was Abby, Ryan, Colby, Brooks, Matt Murley, and Marc-Andre. Of course my team ended up winning the game 6-3 but Colby insisted that they let us win (which I dont believe for one minute).

At around 10pm ish Abby, Ryan M, Matt, Brooks, Noah and Ryan Whitney left because they were all staying at Ryan and Abbys house. By 10:30 Sidney had to leave so that he would be back to Mario's house by his curfew. Once he left, that left me with Colby, Max, Marc-Andre and Darcy and I knew they were going to ask me tons of questions about Sidney and I. Once we were done cleaning up, we all changed into our pajamas and the guys met me in my room because as Darcy put it, "they needed to have a talk with me."

"Alright guys, what do you need to talk about?" I ask as they sit down on my bed with Colby to my left and Darcy to my right.

"So... you and Sidney..." Colby says in an awkward tone...

"Ya.. what about me and Sidney?" I ask

"Brianna, are you happy with him?" Darcy asks.

"Of course I am! Why?" I say in a defensive tone.

"Because, after your last relationship, we worry about you Bri-cakes." Colby says wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Oh... well I appreciate it, but trust me you guys, Sidney is perfect and I really really like him." I say with a smile.

"Well as long as your happy, thats all that matters to us." Max says.

"Ya Bri, youre like a little sister to us, and we just want you to be happy, and its obvious that Sidney makes you happy." Marc-Andre says with a smile.

"Thanks you guys. I appreciate it, and by the way, you guys like him right? Because I mean, you guys are so important to me, and I want you guys to get along with him." I say.

"Ya totally sweetie, we all think that hes really cool and as long as he doesnt hurt you we will like him." Darcy says with a reassuring smile.

"Good because, I'm tellin' you guys, he's perfect. Like he's not like most superstar athletes that i've met, he actually cares about what I have to say." I say with a smile.

"Well, we're happy for ya hun, and I can't speak for the rest of the guys but I'm really tired so I'm going to go to sleep." Darcy says as he hugs me goodnight and kisses the top of my head.

"Ya.. me too. Nite Bri, nite guys." Colby says. Once Colby and Darcy leave the room Max asks, "Bri, we're not tired... are you?"

"Nope, not at all, besides, I havent seen you two in like forever, we need to catch up." And with that Max was now to my left and Marc-Andre was to my right.

"Hey flower, won't your girlfriend be mad that you're here with me?" I ask.

"Nope... she's still up in Canada." He said with a laugh.

"Okay good because thats the last thing I need is her being pissed off at me again." I said with a sigh. I continued to talk to the guys til about 12:30am before Marc-Andre fell asleep next to me and Max and I fell asleep soon after with my head on his shoulder.

No comments: